Posted on :
31 Dec, 2009
31 Dec, 2009
Jhpiego, an international non-profit health organization affiliated with Johns Hopkins University has worked with front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions to strengthen the delivery of health care services.
They are curreltly recruiting a CHIEF OF PARTY (COP), Maternal and Child Health Integrated Project (MCHIP), Nigeria
• The COP provides overall programmatic and technical leadership and managerial oversight for the MCHIP in Nigeria.
• The MCHIP Nigeria project is designed to increase utilization of quality Emergency Obstetric and Newborn Care (EmONC), service (including birth spacing) by pregnant women, mother and their newborns at selected LGA in selected states underserved states in Nigeria.
• Through effective management and collaboration with USAID, Ministry of Health (MOH), and other key stakeholder and partners, the COP leads the project team to ensure that the project achieves objective and target. Detailed job description available on request.
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Qualifications and Requirements
• Master’s Degree in public health or social sciences or related advanced degree relevant to the field of reproductive Health/Family Planning, Maternal Newborn and child Health (MNCH)
• A minimum of ten years of mid- to senior level experience in designing, implementing or managing large, complex, community level MNCH or RH/FP project in developing country, especially in Africa
• A minimum of five years experience working with international health care donors in Nigeria
• Experience supporting implementation of state level-programs
• Strong leadership and technical qualities in RH/FP and or MNCH service delivery , especially in area of technical and clinical qualities of service delivery at the community level
• Demonstrated expertise in working with USAID mission and host country senior government official and policy makers
• Proven depth and breadth of management expertise and experience, including financial and human resources management and donor, partner and community relations
• Prior supervisory experience
• Excellent interpersonal written and oral presentation skills
• Ability to travels up to 30% of the time
Additional qualifications and attributes:
• Fluent in written and spoken English and at least one other Nigeria language; preferably Hausa
• Experience developing successful, replicable and sustainable project in more than one state in Nigeria
• Expertise in research to practice identifying best practice and adapting them to program realities
• Solid publication record area relevant to Jhpiego’s programs in Nigeria
• A team player accustomed to building team capacity, delegating working teams, and developing communities of learning among host country partners and counterparts
• At least one year employment with USAID –affiliated health organization in Nigeria or has had at least two years of closely working with these organizations in the capacity of a consultant, subject matter expert, or mid- term technical advisor
• Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefit package including: medical and dental plans; paid vacation, holidays and sick leave ; personal accident insurance; 403(b) retirement plan; life and ability insurance; travel incurrence; education assistance plan and more.
Method of Application:
Please send a letter of application and resume to [email protected] For further information about Jhpiego, visit www.jhpiego.org
The successful candidate selected for this position will be subjected to a pre-employment background investigation.
Closing Date: 5th January, 2010.