JMG is a diversified solution provider with a broad portfolio in power generation, electrical infrastructures, industrial equipment, elevators & escalators and HVAC solutions. With 20 years of experience in Africa and strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, JMG combines global technologies and regional expertise to fulfill the development needs of the African market. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Electro-Mechanical Officer
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
Department: Aftersales Services
Level: Officer-Individual Contributor
- Conduct routine visits to inspect the gensets under contract and opening cases with call center on the gensets due for service. Attend to Emergencies to provide solution and first-hand information to Branch Emergency Teams & MS.
- Collect weekly updated Active Contract List assigned under scope from MS.
- Inspect the gensets and associated installations thoroughly & record all technical parameters & snags if any on JCF/MRP.
- Notify call center to open a case for service and obtaining Case ID if Gensets is due for Service.
- Write the cased ID received form call center on MRP and obtain customer signoff on accurately completed JCF/MRP.
- Attend promptly to escalated Emergency Cases by Maintenance Supervisor.
- Collect case ID and details which should be clearly stated on respective Maintenance Report (JCF/MRP).
- Diagnose and resolve minor faults.
- Provide first-hand information to MS and Call Center for major or fault that require parts replacement.
- Write JCF/MRPs with all details & obtain customer signoff.
- Snap pictures of the snag points, panel readings, signed JCF/MRP, updated Gensets Maintenance Log Card and send to MS & Call Center on email before leaving the site.
- Conduct daily checks and maintenance of all assigned company assets, tools & PPEs.
- Adhere to company set dress code, wearing PPEs and identity cards always on duty.
- Comply strictly with company processes related with QMS, OHAS & EHS policies.
- Take up IMS responsibilities such as reporting unsafe act, condition or procedure in the work place, participating in fire or emergency drill at work, participating in incident reporting and investigation when necessary and adherence to Company policies.
- B.Eng in Electrical, Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical, or equivalent.
- 3 – 5 years of experience in site electrical operations in a leading industrial company with a strong experience in Power Supply / Generators industry.
- Must be ready to relocate to other Zones / Areas / Regions based on business needs.
- Basic work experience on the electrical/mechanical parts of a diesel generator
- Experienced in trouble shooting of controls, electrical and all mechanical problems in Diesel Engine Generator Sets.
- Well familiar with all types of Machine electronic controls for Diesel Engine Generator Sets.
- Well familiar with various types of Diesel Engine Generator Sets and specialized in Perkins or/and Lister Peter or/and Mitsubishi brands generators electrical system with Leroy Somer/Stanford/Marelli brands of Main Alternators
- Quality focused
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Team player that can be counted on to help when required
- Self-starter with a ‘Can-Do’ attitude.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 31st January, 2022.