KPMG Nigeria – Our client, a reputable Company within the Financial Services Sector, is currently recruiuting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Business and Market
Job Type: Full time
Sector: Financial Services
- Our client is recruiting a Head, Business and Market, who will be responsible for identifying new business opportunities to generate revenue, improve profitability, and help grow the business.
- The individual is also responsible for overseeing sales operations in the organisation.
Skills and Capabilities:
- Direct the strategy and planning of the marketing team by ensuring that the appropriate structures, systems, competencies and values are developed in order to meet and exceed the goals of the marketing plan.
- Develop a strong business understanding of the relevant organizational portfolio and business units within by engaging with the business unit heads and develop an appropriate marketing strategy to ensure that the business units are appropriately equipped to obtain their market share goals and overall strategy.
- Monitor the progress plan of the relevant business unit strategy to ensure that any potential obstacles are compensated for or removed in order to achieve the marketing strategy of the area.
- Provide the business units with insight around the competitive positioning and develop action plans to differentiate offerings through marketing communication in (customer) segments to draw a larger market share for the company.
- Monitor the financial and non-financial return on investment from the compaigns and other marketing initiatives by analyzing the relevant data metrics to ensure that the marketing strategies are as financially viable as possible
- Develop business sales and marketing strategy to define how the target market will be reached, engaged and converted into customers.
- Responsible for researching and identifying new business prospects, such as new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, collaborations, products and services, or new ways to access current markets.
- Develop relationships with clients, analysing client requirements and recommending appropriate products to initiate the organisation’s growth.
- Maintain exceptional knowledge of the various organisational products, policies and procedures.
- Analyse and monitor activities of competitors and the market to keep up with trends in the industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Business Administration, Marketing or related field
- M.Sc./MBA is an added advantage
- Relevant professional qualifications required
- ACIB is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years cognate experience within the financial services sector with at least 5 years in a managerial position
- Experience in working with B2B strategies and seizing opportunities in the market by anticipating potential shifts and appropriately adapting the strategy of the area to align market requirements
- Experience in strategic planning and analysis, marketing/market research, competitive intelligence, and corporate business development
- Overall business acumen and financial acumen as well as a successful track record of developing and driving growth initiatives and identifying business opportunities in order to develop strategies that capitalize on these opportunities
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from start to finish.
- Excellent persuasive skills: Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of services and products and convince clients to purchase
- Strong organizational leadership, supervisory, coaching, mentoring and people management skills
- Strong negotiation, problem solving and execution skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport across various stakeholders and effectively communicate and interact with top level management.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism and confidentiality.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 27th August, 2021.