Lafarge Africa Plc is a member of the Lafarge Holcim Group – the biggest building and concrete solutions company in the world. It is a publicly quoted company on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) and serves Nigeria with a wide range of building and construction solutions designed to meet housing and construction needs from small projects like individual home buildings to major construction and infrastructure projects. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer – Ashaka
Requisition ID: 2266
Location: Opebi – Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Ensures the efficient coordination of all mechanical maintenance related execution activities in any designated area in the plant.
Main Activities / Responsibilities
- Responsible for the execution of maintenance work carried out on mechanical equipment in the plant with proper feedback to the Sectional Engineer
- Participate in critical failure root cause analysis within the plant
- Follows policies in his day-to-day work
- Attends departmental meetings regularly, implement management policies with subordinates, and communicates results to the top mechanical Manager.
- Keeps himself informed of general plant practices so as to ensure “on-call” duty
- Develop /follow working methods in his field: defines procedures and ensures that they are implemented
- Ensures proper planning of work and resources with methods and execution of tasks as assigned in CMMS Or from Mechanical Maintenance Manager and close out same in SAP
- Supervises the missions and objectives of team assigned to him and carries out their performance reviews, responsible for the quality of the work done at site and motivates his personnel
- Ensures respect of safety rules and regulation by the subordinates at work areas
- Review with Planners weekly, monthly and shut down maintenance task according to the production needs.
- Monitor and review /prepare the spare parts list with the planner 2
- Responsible for the availability and management of tools required for daily execution of Task as per departmental tools procedure.
- Ensure the documentation and filing of all Permits, Assessments and Audit related files for tracking and performance indicators.
List of Direct Reports:
Key Interfaces, Stakeholders and Relationships:
- Methods department for preparation,
- Planning and generation of work orders
- Third party contractors.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
Educational Background & Experience
- HND / Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 5 years hands-on experience in a process industry.
Specific Work Experience:
- Pure and in-depth understanding of mechanics of machines.
- Accuracy in troubleshooting and correction in hydraulic systems.
- Excellent Engineering drawing interpretation.
- Knowledge of various applicable safety standards
- Knowledge of Welding conventions and operation
- Knowledge of Hydraulic and Pneumatic conventions.
- Knowledge of relevant plant equipment and flow
- Knowledge of Critical Path Analysis techniques
- Knowledge of Failure Root Cause Analysis techniques
Leadership & Behavioural Skills:
- Accurate, precise and meticulous
- Credibility and persuasiveness
- Good judge of human character and emotions
- Strong interpersonal relationship
- Disciplined and dogged
- Level Headed and willing to take instructions
- Leadership and managerial abilities:
- Supervisory skills and people management skills.
Interested and qualified candidates should: