Posted on :
12 Apr, 2011
12 Apr, 2011
WorleyParsons has the capabilities and technologies to address all challenges – small brownfield services contracts to greenfield mega projects. From identifying the opportunity to the operating phase, our services cover the entire asset lifecycle.
Our extensive experience ensures that we provide project solutions with the lowest total lifecycle cost while meeting each customer’s specific requirements. We have the track record and systems necessary to pursue and deliver large-scale and complex projects. As resource projects continue to grow in size and complexity, WorleyParsons is one of the few global companies with the resources, technical capabilities, and systems to meet these demands.
Head Of Piping Department
· To carry out the Technical Integrity role for the Piping discipline
· To ensure all design work is safe and carried out in a safe manner
· To ensure all design work conforms to the codes and standards used by the client, or to agreed industry standards.
· To supervise and co-ordinate all Piping Engineers working in the Piping discipline group.
· To develop and maintain a quality design threshold for the Piping discipline through use of understandable quality procedures
· To ensure all Piping work is carried out within established budgets and schedules
Familiar with following Piping softwares:
· Caesar II
· Fluid Flow
· The overall supervision of the Piping discipline work
· Technical direction, advice and control of the Piping work.
Liaison with client discipline representatives to establish technical direction where not provided by codes & standards
· Scope definition, estimation and progress control of the Piping engineering activities
· Planning of man hour budgets, schedules, manpower loadings and staffing requirements, by skill and experience, to satisfy project requirements and direction given by the Engineering Manager
· Co-ordination of Piping engineering modelling, design and drafting activities
· Experienced with current industry software standards including Piping simulation
· Liaison with other discipline Lead engineers on technical issues and engineering matters.
· Assisting asset/client Lead Project Engineers in the definition of the Piping engineering work in any project, design approach and criteria, procedures for engineering work and timely production of deliverables
· Co-ordination and preparation of input to Essential Piping Documents, as defined by the client/ contract. Where responsibility for update of the Master Documents is handed to the Lead Process Engineer, procedures shall be put in place to maintain document integrity.
· Training and development of national reports.
· Quality Assurance – Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system.
· Safety – Responsible for personal safety safe working practices. Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
· Academic Qualifications
· Bachelor of Engineering (Chemical Engineering) or equivalent
· Professional Qualifications
· Chartered Engineer (or equivalent) or Member of Appropriate Engineering Institution
· 10 years minimum experience in Offshore & Onshore Oil & Gas
· High level of computer literacy
· Good knowledge of process Piping packages such as Caesar II or Fluid Pro·
· Proven leadership skills.