Lily Hospitals Limited, established since 1986 remains one of the foremost hospitals in Nigeria and within the South-South region of the country. It is the first private hospital in Nigeria to achieve ISO 9001:2000 quality management system certification from the Standards Organization of Nigeria (SON). We are also consistently committed to high standards; continuous improvement, service excellence, organizational citizenship, and outstanding work ethics.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Peri-Operative Nurse
- The role is responsible for the daily functional operation of the pediatrics unit, delivery of patient /customer quality care, staff development and continuous quality improvement activities.
Key Result Areas (KRA)
- CSSD Supervisor’s Functions
- The key result areas of this role are:
- Oversees management of perioperative services operationally and fiscally.
- Make recommendations to the matron/CNO concerning procedure or policy modifications when necessary and inform department staff of any new procedure or policy implementation introduced by the units’ administration.
- Facilitates or serves as a member of a multidisciplinary team in planning perioperative patient care.
- Verifies that perioperative personnel provides safe and effective patient-centered care in perioperative services.
- Coordinate, evaluate and supervise employees in the provision of patient care.
- Responsible for administering budget, staffing the unit and overseeing staff training.
- Maintain skill and knowledge by participating in various nurse education programs, seminars, staff meetings and workshops.
- Promotes the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Creates and conveys the mission and vision of perioperative services with the assistance of the management team.
- Verifies that educational resources are available for perioperative services personnel and holds personnel accountable for compliance with established standards.
- Coordinates, facilitates, and manages change within perioperative services and the healthcare institution.
- Health and Safety
- Carry out duties and responsibilities in compliance with Lily hospitals’ health and safety policy and statutory regulations.
- Ensure a clean, comfortable and safe environment for patients, clients and members of staff.
- Minimum academic qualification of a Registered Nurse (RN), Registered Peri-Operative Nurse, Bachelor of Nursing Science (B.NSc).
- 5 years and above relevant work experience in the health sector.
- Possession of BLS and ACLS training certificate is an added advantage
- Registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria and must be licensed to practice as Registered Nurse or Registered Peri-Operative Nurse.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft office package.
- Outstanding communication (oral and written), interpersonal and people management skills.
Application Closing Date
20th March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their “Word Doc” CV’s only to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail.