MacTay Consulting is one of the first and leading management consulting firms in Nigeria, providing HR services to our clients in Africa since 1982. We focus on adding value to organisations through customized solutions that meet our clients’ needs. We have a proven track record of providing excellent services that impact our clients’ businesses. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Maintenance Manager (Snacks & Dairies)
Location: Ojota, Lagos
Employment Type: Contract
Duration: Three (3) Months contract for a start
Report to: GM Engineering & Projects
- The Maintenance Manager (Snacks & Dairies) will be responsible for establishing, planning and ensuring the execution of acceptable standard of engineering maintenance practice for the plant, machinery and facilities, making them available for optimum utilization, and efficiency in both snacks and dairies plants.
Job duties and responsibilities
- Develops work instructions and procedures to standardize maintenance methods and guides the Engineering team towards implementation.
- Plans and implements an effective maintenance schedule for the plant and machinery to ensure that they are available for optimum utilization.
- Plan and implement day-to-day maintenance activities of the factory line equipments, to achieve prompt line start up.
- Draws up plans for routine maintenance and annual overhauling and carry out the maintenance and repairs of factory machineries, using own staff or outside contractors as the case may be
- Gets fully involved in any technical projects in the factory.
- Prepares engineering daily, weekly and monthly summary report to include equipment performance and cost monitoring.
- Ensures that all site facilities are always kept in good working condition.
- Ensures proper illumination of the premises and production areas.
- Handle trainings that may be required from time to time.
- Ensure that spare parts are available in their specification and optimum quantity and initiates replacement as the need arises.
- Liaises with, and supervises 3rd party Technical service providers to ensure that services rendered meet up with expectation in terms of deadline for completion, and quality of work done.
- Ensures safe work environment by emphasizing safety, taking necessary precautions in material handling, tools handling and the use of safety gadgets
- Promotes good manufacturing practice by inculcating standard hygienic practices in the maintenance team
- Carries out downtime analysis on weekly basis to address priority areas.
- Monitors generator fuel consumption to check abnormal situations.
- Coordinate the activities of the maintenance workforce, to ensure effective control of tools.
- Prepares the engineering staff to evolve into proactive team with capacity to rapidly respond to various classes of breakdowns.
- Handles other jobs as may be assigned by General Manager, Engineering & Projects.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Candidates should possess an HND / B.Sc Degree in Finance and Management-related Degree, Mechanical / Electrical Engineering with 5+ years relevant work experience in a Manufacturing company.
N700,000 – N900,000 Monthly.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 14th August, 2023.