Medecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Clinical Health Officer
Location: Damboa, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
- Under the supervision of the Medical Supervisor, the Clinical Health Officer will be responsible for the following main activities in order to ensure the quality of care in mobile clinics:
- Provision of free of charge curative health consultation
- Admission, weekly medical follow-up and discharge of the malnourished children in OTP program
- Collection, computerization and analysis of weekly epidemiological data
- Reporting and attendance to different meetings
- Provision of free of charge curative health consultations:
- Prepare all the necessary drugs, material and equipment for mobile clinics and ensure that everything is ready before to leave MdM office
- Follow the basic medical rules of hygiene when performing curative health consultations
- Participate actively in triage activities before to start curative health consultations
- Perform curative consultations
- Take a proper medical history including
- Reason for consultation
- Duration of the illness or complaints
- Main symptoms
- Past medical history and treatment.
- Perform a correct physical examination:
- Inspection, auscultation, percussion, palpation
- Systematic checking of signs of severity
- Diagnose and treat the diseases according to protocols in use (i.e. clinical guidelines)
- Write the most important complaints, signs, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment on the patient’s registration form.
- Explain the treatment to the patient
- Give individual health education related to the patient’s disease
- Manage emergency cases according to MdM protocols and regulation
- Refer complicated SAM cases to identified Stabilization Center
- Fill in the specific OTP form
- Collection, computerization and analysis of weekly epidemiological data:
- Perform the daily data collection regarding curative consultations
- Participate to the weekly computerization and analysis of the medical data
- Reporting and attendance to different meetings:
- Prepare a weekly activities report to submit to team leader
- Participate in a pro-active way to MdM internal meetings (medical, security)
- Participate to all the trainings organized by MDM
- Fill in the registration form for each patient, according to the diagnosis of the morbidity surveillance form
- Check the immunization status for all EPI targeted children and referred the unvaccinated children to the vaccinator
- Investigate any information regarding unusual health events or diseases outbreak, provided through any source
- Ensure patient confidentiality is respected and treat all the patients with respect and dignity
- Admission, weekly medical follow-up and discharge of the malnourished children in OTP program:
- Ensure that all the 6-59 months children have been screened (MUAC, H/W and edemas)
- Admit new cases in OTP program according to the criteria’s of national nutrition protocol and give systematic treatment for SAM cases
- Ensure weekly follow up of SAM cases and adapt RUTF doses
- Discharge cases according to the criteria’s of national nutrition protocol
- Give suggestions to improve the functioning of MDM mobile clinics
- Participate to the loading and unloading of the vehicles and to the setting up of the mobile clinics
- Inform immediately the security focal point in case of any security problem in the field
- Because of the emergency relief nature of MDM’s work, working hours may be irregular and employees are expected to be flexible in their approach to working hours under emergency conditions.
- Participate to weekly physical inventory of mobile clinic pharmacy
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties to ensure that beneficiaries are getting good quality services
- Perform other additional duties on request of the team leader
Qualifications and Experience and Attributes
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Certificate in Community Health with a valid License
- At least 3-5 years post qualifying experience in a similar environment / context
- Possession of a valid practicing certificate.
- Must possess the ability to learn with speed and ease.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Power Point Presentation etc.)
- Strong sense of responsibility, methodical and accurate with high organizational skills
- Honesty and integrity and able to cope with stressful situations.
- Manages effectively his own time as well as flexible and available to work overtime when needed
- Willing to be deployed to the newly liberated local government areas.
- Background / familiarity with Emergency is an added advantage.
- Good command of written and spoken English. Knowledge of Kanuri and Hausa Languages will be an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills and excellence as a team player.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in one single attachment via email to: [email protected] using “Clinical Health Officer” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 10th December, 2020.
Note: Applications without the correct subject will not be treated