Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare. The Spanish Section of Médecins Sans Frontières is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Epidemiology Activity Manager
Contract Period: Six Months
Possibility of extension: Yes
Start Date: 09 December 2022
- Defining, coordinating and monitoring the epidemiological activities, ensuring the development of appropriate methodology and the quality of studies according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures to identify risk factors for diseases and to determine the optimal treatment approaches to clinical practice and the preventive medicine to be used in the mission.
- Carry out key epidemiological activities in outbreak investigation and advising on the operational response
- Implement and maintain a surveillance system to monitor epidemiological trends of relevant outbreak-prone diseases.
- Monitor and Implement initial Assessment for emergency, rapid health assessments and baseline or follow-up surveys.
- Prepare and adapt routine documentation (survey forms, training materials, letters of request/notification, locally appropriate consent forms etc.) with support of HQ epidemiologist.
- Manage data systems and ensuring accurate, high-quality databases, analyzing results and preparing regular written reports on progress and findings for medical coordinator/HQ
- Provide training sessions to medical teams on relevant aspects of epidemiology to enhance team response capacity
- Advising MSF medical teams on epidemiological matters that arise during their activity research, and when necessary, design and implement epidemiological tools and data collection to meet new epidemiological needs.
- Medical Doctor, Nurse or Biomedical background with a Degree (or Master’s) in Epidemiology or Public Health with extensive training in statistics and epidemiology
- At least three years of tropical medicine experience (having assumed coordination position is a plus)
- Experience in field epidemiology
- Mission language essential
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
16th December, 2022.
Note: MSF encouragers women and people with disabilities to apply