Mogtech Group Limited is a holding Company whose members have evolved through the years. The group wasset up to provide shared Management services for the various companies within the group in a standardized manner. Currently, the group is made up of 4 active companies: Mogtech Systems Nigeria Limited, MTS property Development Company Limited, Alkanes Petroleum & Gas Limited and Alkanes Energy Services Limited. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Accounts
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time|
Job Family: Finance
Reporting Line: Group Chief Finance Officer (GCFO)
Job Summary (Role Purpose Statement)
- To maximize the value of the Group to its stakeholders, considering both short and long term consequences of the firm’s actions, for guided Management decisions.
- Works closely with the GCFO in implementing the Groups financial strategies.
- Responsible for managing and overseeing the day to day accounting/ financing operations of the affiliate companies (under the supervision of the GCFO).
- Responsible for implementing and ensuring compliance with proper accounting policies, methods and principles in the affiliate companies.
- Ensures the preparation of monthly financial reports of the different affiliate companies on a timely basis and ensures proper accounting records are kept.
- Carrying out monthly reconciliation of LC’s and Loan Accounts with the aim of confirming the accuracy of interest charged by the bank (both pre neg. and post neg. charges).
- Responsible for maintaining the fixed asset register and schedules of the affiliate companies.
- Ensures good monitoring and reviewing of financial performance by measuring and analyzing results with a view to initiating corrective actions in the affiliate companies.
- Must be a resource for financial modelling for all opportunities and prospective projects of the affiliate companies.
- Planning, Implementing and managing the Groups’ CAPEX and OPEX budgets and cash flow forecast of the affiliate companies.
- Responsible for attending to external auditors during the annual audit of the financial statements of the affiliated companies (under the supervision of the GCFO).
- Responsible for preparing, remitting and filing monthly and annual returns to Federal and State tax authorities and other government agencies.
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly bank reconciliation statements for the various banks and testing the accuracy of bank charges and COT charged by the banks.
- Responsible for managing the inventories of the affiliated companies.
- Responsible for checking accuracy of monthly staff payroll of the affiliated companies.
- Act as the key driver in the preparation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of annual budget of the affiliated companies, reporting and investigating variances.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the GCFO and the GMD/ Executive Chairman.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma in Accounting
- ICAN or ACCA certified
- At least 5 years of proven account management or other relevant professional experience
- Good working knowledge of Accounting Software Packages.
- Business acumen
- Natural relationship builder with integrity, reliability and maturity
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a results-driven environment
- Ability to prioritize among competing tasks
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership skills.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Fair and Competitive Pay
- Health coverage
- 13th month pay.
- Working in a progressive organization with a team of great minds.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
17th February, 2023.