Mothers2mothers (m2m) is an African Primary Health Care organisation that employs women living with HIV as community health workers across 10 African nations. These “Mentor Mothers” deliver integrated health services at clinics and in communities to ensure everyone, everywhere, has access to the services they need to be healthy and stay in care. Over the next five years, this proven, peer-led model is being scaled up to double down on ending HIV, as well as to tackle new health challenges and reach more people – all with the aim of building a fairer, healthier future. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager
Type of position: Fixed-Term Contract
- The M&E Manager will be responsible for all M&E responsibilities related to the Nigeria programme, including all monitoring, evaluation, analytics, and reporting of performance and results.
- S/he will lead all efforts to strengthen monitoring and evaluation and is responsible for programme performance reporting (including support to the technical team in using data to improve quality of care).
- S/he will liaise with relevant programme staff and counterparts responsible for local and state level strategic information and monitoring, evaluation, and support coordination with other implementing organisations, government, and Management Information Systems (MIS).
Key Performance Areas
- Manage and implement all M&E-related functions for the Nigeria Programme
- Manage project-specific M&E framework and plan including data collection and systems requirements.
- Support m2m’s internal quality improvement initiative as it relates to all aspects of the Nigeria programme
- Collaborate with site colleagues to ensure that all geolocations have latest data collection tools.
- Work with Programme Officer and Site Coordinators to ensure data is collected and entered in real-time from sites.
- Support data management in relation to periodic evaluations and operations research
- Update data systems to capture additional information based on project and donor needs.
- Lead the mHealth system in-country, supervise implementation and provide necessary technical support as needed for effective roll out and implementation of mHealth and other digital initiatives.
- Coordinate with finance and programme staff to maintain M&E unit budget.
- Encourage routine utilisation of m2m program data at all levels, and support program adaptations as indicated.
- Weekly review data to ensure correctness and completeness.
- Verify entered data by reviewing, correcting, changing or deleting entered information.
- Generate data reports based on entered data on a periodic basis and as required.
- Respond to information access and retrieval requests from authorised members.
- Ensure receipt of all monthly M&E and other reporting forms from all sites
Data quality monitoring:
- Monitor site level data quality using standard checklist.
- Coach and mentor staff on data quality and use for decision making.
- Maintain the m2m Nigeria programme database, including data entry, report production, and routine reporting to m2m head office. Support quarterly and annual programme evaluations through collection and collation of data for analysis
- Review data to ensure completeness and accuracy in data entry, follow up on missing data and data reporting forms, and implement data quality controls.
- Facilitate data utilisation including guiding routine performance monitoring ensuring provision of analytical data to inform effective QA/QI
- Manage and support implementation of all M&E activities, development of tools, capacity building, site supervision, data collection and reporting.
- Lead M&E related internal and external reporting, including maintenance of reporting systems and data collection tools and manuals. Provide relevant data and information required to develop proposals and compile donor and head office reports.
- Provide data and information whenever required to document lessons learned and special reports.
- Assist the Nigeria Country Team as required including running reports of data used for programme review and planning.
- Provide relevant strategic information for evidence-based programmatic and strategic decision-making.
- Participate in the implementation and evaluation of pilot projects as required.
- Prepare presentations for donors and government.
- Maintain filling system to ensure secure and organised storage of site reporting forms and other related M&E documents.
- Coordinate the supply, production, and distribution of printed M&E tools for all m2m sites in Nigeria.
- Lead training sessions of staff on data documentation, indicators, monthly data compilation and data quality check techniques.
- Conduct on site supportive supervision visits to identify gaps and challenges faced by site staff and offer onsite training, mentoring and support for improved data collection and management.
- Collaborate with the country team to formulate roll-out plans for new data collection tools.
- Facilitate M&E training components during pre-service training and in-service training.
- Strengthen relationship with MOH and other partners at local, state, and federal level to ensure access to other alternative data sources.
- Interact with other implementing organisations to share key lessons and good practices for improved data collection and management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Social Work, Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E), Demography, Biostatistics, Statistics, Analytics, or a related field is required.
- Minimum of five years of work experience in designing, establishing, and managing monitoring and evaluation systems, ensuring data quality, and managing data intensive, performance- based programmes (familiarity with PEPFAR reporting requirements a plus).
- Minimum of five years specific M&E related work experience in the health sector, experience with HIV/AIDS, PMTCT or MCH is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability in data analytics utilising Microsoft Excel, STATA, and/or Business Intelligence tools. Experience in using digital health platforms such as CommCare and DHIS2.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Nigeria’s health and social service information systems and M&E processes as it relates to data collection for performance-based reporting.
- Demonstrated knowledge and working experience in the use of mapping and other similar tools (including computer software programs) to target programme interventions and resources.
- Excellent knowledge of M&E systems development, best practices, innovations, and developments in HIV and public health.
- Demonstrated ability to portray complex data sets in easy to understand formats including data visualisations
- Demonstrated ability prepare robust data extraction from internal and external information systems.
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex data quality analyses and make recommendations based on findings.
- Proven ability to mentor programme site staff in M&E, data use for decision-making and quality improvement
- Demonstrated written, presentation, communication and organisational skills in English.
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to effectively engage participants of different cultures and backgrounds.
- Ability to deliver accurate work by deadline.
- High ability to work independently with sound decision making.
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work as a team leader and as a team member with multidisciplinary teams
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 15th May, 2023.
Note: mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people