MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable.
It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Specialist, RF Technical
Employment Status: Permanent
- To support the RF P&O in terms of technology research & development of new RF solutions.
- To ensure the integrity/ consistency of network and tools data across the entire network; ensuring that only quality equipment and tools are deployed in the MTN network
- Plan and dimension Network Controller (BSC/RNC) in accordance with Business requirement
- Provide for the adequate BSC capacity that meets marketing projection
- Provide High-level support for BSS Optimisation and performance improvement.
- Regularly monitor, track and report network data inconsistencies/discrepancies
- Ensure that MTN full advantage of all advanced radio features
- Comparison of MTN implementation with best in class
- Authorise the introduction of new features
- Maintain at all times a detailed knowledge of the total network. This includes; No of nodes in the core network and active sites, Site Build configurations
- Ensure Network performance in accordance with KPIs of RF Planning and Optimisation
- Development of Software Tools to Identify new software requirements and participate in the specification of all custom software tools, such as: NetCM, Aircom suite, Netcharts, CDR Analysis, CEM tools
- Maintain adequate knowledge of competitor’s activities and competitive environment
- Monitor processes and procedures to ensure conformance to best practices and to identify opportunities for improvements
- Ensure adequate tools and resources are available for planning and optimisation activities within the RF Optimization team
- Ensure that proper documentation of RF projects, and procedures are provided and effectively communicated.
- End to end performance fault resolution with radio HLS unit
- Ensure radio network quality and performance achieves the agreed KPIs and quality targets as defined by the Head of Division – Propose New Quality Target and KPIs, Advise all staff of target, Implement processes, procedures and technologies to ensure targets are met
- Provides High-level support for Network Quality Drive Test analysis and fault resolution
- Maintain a working knowledge of MTN’s products, services and tariffs.
- Maintain cordial relationships with other departments within MTN.
- Awareness of the social-economic issues and marketing plans issue in the area of responsibility.
- Ensure that the company is kept informed by e-mail messages and other documentation of all network changes that may have impact on network quality or network services
- Be able to provide data when required
- Maintain contact with technical support staff in other networks
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Manage the provision of specialist technical support to all other department regarding the network and radio-related problems
- Training Delivery and schedule – Recommend appropriate training, Inform management of additional training requirements for optimisation related issues.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
Experience & Training
- First degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering or related discipline.
- M.Sc in a related subject will be an advantage.
- 3-7 years’ experience with GSM or wireless operator
- Experience working in multi-vendor and multi-technology environment
- Experience in 2G/3G /LTE optimization
- Managed service experience
Application Deadline: 6th February, 2020.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online