Nestoil Plc was incorporated in Nigeria in 1991 for the provision of Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) services to the energy and oil & gas industry.
Nestoil Plc is recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Pharmacist
Job ID: 033
Location: Port Harcourt
The role is responsible for dispensing medications and related supplies using accepted pharmaceutical techniques according to prescription.
1.) Dispensation of Drugs
- Dispenses medications following prescriptions by the doctor.
- Performs or oversees the performance of packaging, labeling, measuring, charging, and recording medications issued to patient.
- Reviews prescriptions for appropriateness of therapy to and ensure correct dosage.
- Advises patients on potential drug interactions, possible side effects, storage information, and instructions on how to use medications.
2.) Management of Records:
- Management of drugs distribution to various company sites
- Compute charges for medication issued to patients with determination of knowing when the personnel has exceeded 10% medicals allowance.
- Keeps proper record of drugs issued out to patients.
- Maintain records, such as pharmacy files, patient profiles, charge system files, inventories, control records for controlled drugs
3.) Store Keeping
- Maintain inventories, orders, and supply of drugs to the Clinic in the data base.
- General /specific drugs stocking /packing with bill cards
- Proper Storage and retrieval of drugs from the store.
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against invoices, and inform supervisors of stock needs and shortages
- Plan, implement, and maintain procedures for mixing, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals, according to policy and legal requirements, to ensure quality, security, and proper disposal
Requirement and Qualification
- BSC in Pharmacy
- 4+ years experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of computer applications
- knowledge of: medical terminology and abbreviations; pharmaceutical terms and drug names Knowledge of drugs interactions
- Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Must be proactive.
- Knowledge of mathematics to compute dosages and rate of drug use
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services
- Knowledge of drug storage
- knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures
Application Closing Date
17th December, 2012
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should please send CV with subject tagged “Pharmacist—033” to: