Noble Hall Leadership Academy for Girls, is a school dedicated to educating the total person – intellectual, spiritually, socially, physically and emotionally. Our ultimate aim is to create a new cadre of confident female leaders who are committed to making a positive difference. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sports Coach
Purpose of Post
- To plan, deliver and monitor a coordinated programme of high quality sports activities, which are progressive and reflective of the needs of the learners and support the aim of increasing sports participation by ALL Learners at Noble Hall Leadership Academy for Girls.
- To plan and implement well-structured and progressive programmes that meets the needs of all learners. The programmes will link the school and the wider community and will aim to provide increased opportunities for learners to participate in sport and physical activity.
- To support the PE Teacher with the administrative tasks involving in and out of school competitions and events.
- To plan and deliver a range of sporting activities and to have a focus on out of school hours sporting activities.
- Health and Safety checks on a daily, weekly and annual basis.
- To organise inter-school and intra-school sporting competitions.
- To develop and maintain effective and positive working relationships with all staff, including the wider community and sporting organisations.
- Show sensitivity and objectivity in dealing with parents, members of the school community and visitors
- To ensure contacts are made with outside sporting bodies to enable signposting opportunities are made available to specific groups or individuals.
- Contribute to the assessment of learners’ progress and the maintenance of appropriate records
- Observe and monitor learners’ progress, adapting any agreed approach to meet particular needs
- Liaise and plan with the PE teacher to support learners in learning new skills
- Organise and deliver activities during lunchtime.
- Organise and lead a range of after school clubs.
- Maintain appropriate records, including digital records and prepare monitoring reports to show progress.
- Demonstrate a highly professional approach to everyday work and work independently demonstrating initiative and pro-activity
- To be a positive role model, creating a positive and fun environment in which to motivate and encourage learners to participate in sport and physical activity.
- To take positive steps to identify and overcome barriers to participation amongst learners, prioritising access and inclusion.
- To agree to abide by the school’s code of conduct, including professional behaviour, relationships and appearance.
- To carry out duties in accordance with the school’s policies, including equal opportunities, child protection, health and safety at work.
- Assist with maintaining good behaviour across the school at all times.
- Build and maintain close and secure relationships with learners, ensuring their care, health and welfare at all times.
- Report any concerns regarding child protection or learners’ welfare to the designated teachers
- Assist in the provision of activities for learners to encourage their physical, intellectual, emotional and social development.
- Candidates should possess relevant qualifications.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]
Application Deadline: 20th March, 2019.