Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) is a member of the ACT Alliance and works with people and local actors, especially Faith-based actors in many countries where it works in their struggle to eradicate poverty and injustices. We provide humanitarian assistance in disasters and work for long-term development in local communities and societies.
In order to address the root causes of poverty, we advocate for just decisions by public authorities, businesses and religious leaders.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Manager
Webcruiter ID: 3874507652
Location: Ikom, Cross River
Job Type: Full-time
Start Date: 15 August 2018.
- We are looking for an Operations Manager in Southern Nigeria. In cooperation with UNHCR, NCA has delivered WASH equipment and services to Anyake camp in the Benue State of Nigeria.
- The Operations Manager will work closely with NCA’s Logistic Coordinator, Finance Manager and Program staff to ensure appropriate, timely and relevant assistance to People of Concern in four refugee camps.
- The Operations Manager will report to the Head of Mission and coordinate with the Camp Coordination and Camp Management Advisor who will have oversight of these four camps.
- The position is based in Ikom with frequent field visits to project sites.
- The position is contingent upon funding and is initially a six month contract, with the possibility of extension.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure implementation of NCA procedures and compliance with donor regulations
- Follow-up NCA budget breakdown in close collaboration with the Logistic Coordinator, Finance Manager and Program staff
- Lead the design of concept notes, project proposals, budgets and budget forecasts in order to forecast the needs for future projects
- Manage day-to-day activities and facilitate effective team work and provide supervision and guidance
- Ensure the national staff database is up to date, according to NCA HR guidelines
Internal and external coordination:
- Ensure that key information circulates correctly between the departments in Ikom and Adikpo offices.
- Represent Norwegian Church Aid in external meetings and/or forums
- Attend or delegate attendance to relevant inter-agency coordination meetings as required
- Give the geopolitical and security situation briefing to all of the new arrivals on the base
- Under the supervision of the head of mission, ensure that all security-related documents and procedures are updated regularly
- Set up a permanent security monitoring system
- Be responsible for team and goods security on-base as delegated and supervised by the head of mission
- Monitor and analyze the security situation and ensure that the measures related to the security plan are known by all staff, respected and followed
- Post-graduate qualification or University degree in a relevant field
- At least 5 years experience in a similar position
- Computer literacy and familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint presentations, and Excel spreadsheets and budgeting)
- Experience working in Nigeria or Cameroon is an advantage
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Organized, with sense of human relations, diplomacy, communication skills
- Proactive, autonomous, rigorous, with analytical, willingness and motivation to work in an international and intercultural context
- Exciting and meaningful work with one of Norway’s largest humanitarian organisations
- Competitive terms and conditions and a comprehensive insurance policy.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 30th July, 2018.
Note: NCA uses electronic recruitment portal. You can register your CV, write an application and attach certificates and diplomas. Only applicants who use our electronic portal will be considered for the position.