The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICLA Assistant
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
Reports to: the ICLA Officer
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Involve and inform communities and community leaders about the activities to ensure accountability.
- Break down the annual operational plans into weekly, monthly and quarterly implementation plans
- Assist the Project officer to ensure that procurement and distribution of materials and are timely and according to procedures
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by supervisor
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Perform any other duties as requested by the ICLA Project Officer
Therefore, the ICLA Assistant will contribute and assist the ICLA Project Officer in the following activities:
- Direct implementation of all ICLA activities including community engagement and trainings on HLP, Identity documentation and CDR.
- Facilitate community engagement throughout the project cycle
- Strengthen awareness and use of beneficiary feedback and complaint mechanisms
- Participate and contribute in the development of HLP and CD training modules
- Participate and contribute in the development of the ICLA core competency strategy
- To establish and strengthen and maintain relations with community stakeholder’s local leaders and beneficiaries
- Support collection of M & E information to inform program design
- Identify and communicate to line manager protection issues in the field
- University Degree in Law from a recognized Nigerian University, and a thorough knowledge of Nigerian law;
- Work experience in the field of law (e.g. courts, attorney or legal aid agencies), preferably experience in working with clients;
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities;
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile;
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal;
- Fluency in Fali, Gude, Hausa, Fulani would be an added advantage
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Minimum 1 years of experience of project implementation in humanitarian/recovery contexts;
- Knowledge on Microsoft office excel, word, power point e.t.c
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Commencement: ASAP
- Contract period: Until December 2017 with possibility of extension
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s directions
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application letter, updated CV’s to: [email protected]rc.no The title of the position (ICLA Assistant – Mubi) must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail.
- The Norwegian Refugee Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women are particularly encouraged to apply to this position.
- Any application received after the deadline will not be considered
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 10th November, 2017.