Olman Business Solutions (OBS) Limited is a multidimensional consulting firm keen on providing complete management and support solutions to organizational needs in diverse industries and business sectors, for effectiveness and efficiency. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Portharcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Accountant manages all account transactions, responsible for maintaining a good relationship with financial institutions, government agencies, suppliers, clients, consultants, and facilitates the execution of dynamic financial responsibilities.
- Directs and Coordinates all Accounting/Finance functions and activities of the company.
- Prepares annual Operating and Capital Budget for management consideration.
- Publish financial statements in time.
- Handle monthly, quarterly, and annual closings.
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable.
- Report on the company’s financial health and liquidity
- Audit financial transactions and documents
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary.
- Comply with financial policies and regulations.
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Document financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information, preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement and other reports.
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Provide technical support and advice on management.
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures.
- Provide input into the department’s goal-setting process.
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance.
- Plan, assign, and review staff’s work.
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting or other tax requirements
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Initiating and managing financial and accounting software used by the company.
Qualification / Requirements:
- Minimum of 4 years Work experience as an Accountant.
- B.SC/HND in Accounting, Banking & Finance or Economics
- Experience with creating financial statements.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Additional certification (CPA or CMA) is a plus
- A methodical approach and problem-solving skills.
- Must have ICAN Certification.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter to: [email protected] using the job title as subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 4th June, 2021.