Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 organizations (affiliates) networked together in 94 countries, as part of a global movement for change. Together we are working to achieve our vision of ‘a just world without poverty’ and to be a powerful partner in global and local communities of people connected for change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Officer
Location(s): Pulka, Gwoza – Borno
Duration: 6 Months Contract
Job Family: Property and Logistics
Reporting to: Program Manager
- To work with others to provide lasting solutions to overcome poverty and suffering.
- To deliver efficient, cost effective and quality operations, and technical and professional advice and expertise to develop and implement Oxfam’s Pulka programme.
- The purpose of this role is to manage all aspects of Oxfam’s logistics in Pulka, primarily the establishment of a new field base, and subsequently efficient management of Oxfam’s logistics systems.
- Manages people, assets, projects or processes.
- Monitors performance of team or external contacts and gives advice / guidance to managers in a specialist area.
- Objectives are set within well-defined limits although some adaptation on day-to-day issues may be required.
- Regular communication is normally with their immediate manager but some posts require a broad range of communication (including negotiation) internally and externally.
- Ensure Health and Safety procedures are followed at specific sites.
- To run all logistics processes, including purchasing, warehousing, communications and transport, as well as the related administrative procedures, for Oxfam operations.
- To perform any other logistical duties in line with Oxfam procedures reasonably requested of you by the Senior Logistics Officer/Programme Manager.
- In case of security incidence, civil disturbance or arbitrary malicious intent, in consultation with the Programme Manager to safeguard vehicles, communications and other capital equipment, either by disabling it, hiding it, or by driving it to safety, under the condition that this effort does not jeopardize the personal safety of any staff involved.
- To provide and maintain safety policies for Oxfam staffs, premises, Assets and goods.
Transport and communication:
- Managing and tracking of all vehicles on the fleet, including movement planning and day-to-day allocation
- Manage, maintain and repair vehicles in safe and efficient working order
- Ensure that vehicles are checked on a daily basis, and that regular service and maintenance is carried out as per agreed schedule
- Maintaining up-to-date control of all assets including tracking donor, value, and location, managing staff issue, and recording all asset movements and issuance
- Manage the issuance and return of assets to/from staff in Pulka Base Base
- Ensure good condition of assets, and maintain asset condition record.
- Ensure office premise is in a good habitable condition. Overseeing repairs on office and its premises, liaising with the landlord where necessary.
- Ensure telephone system is operational and ensure staffs are allocated recharge card for communication based on level. Report any defective misuse of equipment
- Ensure the data network (internet/V/Sat) is operational. Report any defective IT or office equipment to the Senior Logistic Officer.
- Responsible for administering litigations and traffic offenses.
- Ensure vehicles have current and lawful documentation.
- Receive vehicle requests, and maintain trip/errand schedules and Staff Movement Board.
- Manage the adequate use and maintenance of communications equipment, including telephones, radios and thurayas.
- Asset & Facility Management:
- Establish and maintain a list of contact details for preferred service providers including carpenters, electricians, plumbers, generator servicers and builders and make this list available on request.
Procurement and Supply:
- Review and ensure completeness of all requisitions and communicates with Programme team for validation.
- Assist Line Manager with market assessments
- Assure end users/stakeholders are familiar with the purchase requisition system and that the guidelines and rules governing these are adhered to and respected by all
- Assist Line Manager to establish warehousing systems and appropriate storage conditions
- Consolidate and combine procurement schedules.
- Ensure that order tracking and purchase database are maintained and communicated on a weekly basis.
- Maintain suppliers and supplies database which are up to date and appropriate to Oxfam policies and procedures
- Ensure that purchases are properly received and warehoused.
- Prepare requests for quotations to potential suppliers and ensure compliance to Oxfam Procurement Policies.
- Coordinate purchase order/contract close out procedures when purchase orders/contracts are completed and payment done.
- Make presentations to the Tender Committee on all major purchases requiring Tendering before award of contract.
- Communicate with suppliers on clarifications needed.
- Review all purchase orders and invoices for accuracy and completeness before forwarding for approval by respective budget holders.
- Endorse all procurement decisions and forward the same for approval to facilitate procurement activities within the field base.
- Act as the focal point for all purchases to ensure compliance to policy.
- Deputise for the Logistics Manager in his/her absence as requested
- Contribute positively to cross-functional teams as appointed.
- The situation in North-east Nigeria is highly changeable and this job description may be subject to change as the situation evolves.
Skills and Competencies
- Degree in Supply Management, Management, Accounting or related disciplined with 2-5 years experience in procurement/supply management. A combination of relevant training and experience may be considered in lieu but not vice versa.
- Previous experience in producing high quality reports
- Experience and/or demonstrable knowledge of procurement and supply chain management
- Proven ability to manage competing tasks and to priorities and produce high level output consistently
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work on own and within multi-cultural teams
- Excellent computer skills (to include experience in computerized finance processes) and ability/preparedness to quickly learn new systems and software.
- Ability to plan with good organizational skills, including prioritization and ability to work under pressure and attention to detail
- Initiative and ability to follow up on issues
- Excellent communications skills with fluency in written and spoken English.
- Prospective candidate must be available and willing to commence work immediately.
- Applications sent in the required format will be considered and only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- Completed applications should reach us before the closing date above.
- Equal Opportunity: “Oxfam is an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc.”
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letters and Curriculum Vitae as one attachment in English to: [email protected] with the position title as the subject of your email.
Application Deadline: Thursday, 8th June, 2017.