Incorporated in 1967, Pacific International Lines (PIL) is ranked 12th among the world’s top container shipping lines and is also the largest home-grown carrier in Southeast Asia. From a modest ship-owner in Singapore, PIL has developed into a global carrier with a focus on China, Asia, Africa, Middle East, Latin America and Oceania. Together with its affiliated companies Mariana Express Lines (MELL) and Malaysia Shipping Corporation, PIL serves customers at over 500 locations in more than 90 countries worldwide with a fleet of around 100 container and multi-purpose vessels. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Business Development, Logistics (Nigeria)
- Establish and grow sales funnel, with high customer conversion
- Provide a differentiated level of service and solutions and increase customer stickiness
- Tender and win long-term contracts
- Understand customer’s requirements and provide appropriate solutions
- Negotiate favorable commercial rates to ensure a viable business model
- Model end-to-end cost and profit margins to optimize earnings
- Degree in Supply Chain, Maritime Studies or equivalent
- At least 8 years relevant experience in shipping, air freight, land logistics, pricing, intermodal or related fields.
- Energetic, well-organized, efficient and effective, self-initiated and good coordination skills.
- Data driven, good analytical skills and keen eye for details.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with creative alternative solutions.
Knowledge, Skills and Attitude:
- Deep understanding of critical parameters for all modes of transportation
- Broad network of customers, local authorities, vendors, service providers
- Procurement best practices
- High integrity and adherence to corporate governance policies
- High emotional quotient and people skills
- Strong communication abilities (oral, written, presentation)
The appointment will be commensurate with experience.