Peniel Apartments Limited is a hospitality company in the heart of Abuja, providing of medium to long-stay, serviced apartments to guests from various parts of the world for over twenty years. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Steward
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- We are looking to hire a Steward who will be responsible for cleaning dishes in a food service environment to ensure that the kitchen has a steady supply of clean plates, bowls, silverware, pots, pans and glasses.
- The duties include prioritizing loads of different types of crockery and kitchenware, hand-washing dishes, loading the dishwasher and placing dishes to dry.
- Ensure the kitchen is clean, well maintained and organized, through sweeping, mopping and ensuring that floors are dry and clean at all times
- Cleaning and properly arranging all the fridges/freezers which include packaging, arranging with Ziplocs or other storage containers all the raw food items received from store and ensuring contents are well labeled.
- Wash, Wipe, Sort, and stack all service ware, cookware and utensils, and pans, including all china, silverware, and glassware and also store all cleaned items in an organized and safe manner in the pantry
- Empty, wash, and return trash bins as per the Apartments and authority standards, at stipulated disposal time and Adhere to recycling guidelines.
- Regular update of inventory items (raw food) stored in the kitchen mini store. Also ensure that requisitions replacement of stock items from store is done before close of business daily.
- Transporting received items from store/receiving bay and ensuring these are well arranged and preserved in the kitchen.
- Help maintain safety in the kitchen by clearing spills promptly, keeping all kitchen equipment, oven vents, floor, wall, and cook surfaces, thoroughly clean.
- Assist the Cooks as and when necessary.
- Conduct monthly inventory, of china, silverware, and glassware, and update any shortages, breakages or chipped items found which should be removed from circulation.
- Report any maintenance or hazard issues to the chef or kitchen administrator.
- Maintain the kitchen, dish washing and back area in an inspection-ready condition in accordance with local authority on health and safety and hospitality industry guidelines
Competencies and Requirements:
- OND holder or equivalent
- At least 3 years experience in same or similar role
- Must be able to demonstrate organisation and neatness
- Experience in Hospitality / Hotel industry is required.
Interested and qualified candidates are to send their CV and Cover letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 9th August, 2021.
Note: Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.