Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
PUI has been implementing humanitarian activities in Nigeria since April 2016, supporting population with food security, nutrition, health and protection project in Maiduguri and Borno State. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacy Assistant
Location: Mashi, Katsina
Employment Type: Full-time
- Under the direct supervision of the Health and Nutrition PM, the Pharmacy assistant prepares orders/deliveries to various field teams, monitors drug consumption, according to PUI procedures. S/he respects logistic and pharmacy procedures, fills in weekly orders and does inventory controls.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Implementation and monitoring of the health and nutrition activities
- Collect and file order delivery sheets, consumption sheets and other documents
- Monitor temperature and humidity, using the charts.
- Arrange stock by designation and in alphabetical order, with the earliest expiring stock at the front of the shelf and the first in first out techniques.
- Monitor the supply quantity, expiration dates and quality of medicines and medical supplies.
- Apply specific hygiene protocols.
- Store drugs according to PUI standards and protocols.
- Receive Drug order from Health Project Managers, and verify that required information is on the form, and prepare deliveries.
- Store drugs and medical consumables according to standards.
- Check if the orders are in conformity with consumption.
- Prepare clear and detailed delivery sheets for supplies delivered and ensure it is received by the appropriate staff and validated by the PM.
- Adhere to PUI practice policies and procedures for preparation of drug order and medical consumables.
- Maintain confidentiality.
Communication and Reporting:
- Record and compile daily and weekly consumption form and send information to the pharmacist.
- Inventory taking of first aid kits and pep kits regularly
- Submit drug order to pharmacist on a requested basis.
- Receive the orders from teams and inspect items, as to quality, quantity, and expiry dates.
- Provide the Pharmacy with feedback in case of irregularity.
- Submit Monthly inventory of the Base Pharmacy
- Update stock cards regularly
- Maintain accurate delivery records and report weekly to the mission Pharmacist.
- Notify the mission Pharmacist in a timely manner in case of high consumption that may lead to low stock or stock out.
- Ask advice from the mission Pharmacist in case a drug is requested that is not available.
- Together with the Nutrition supervisor(s) and Drug dispenser conduct inventory control of site dispensary on a regular basis;
- Follow all safety measures and rules in the Pharmacy
Logistics and Administration:
- Contribute to logistical and administrative organization of the activities related to Nutrition Program.
- Contribute to the definition of the needs in materials and tools regarding the program and the planning of interventions. Ensure the safety and good condition of nutrition material provided by PUI
- Participate in meetings and trainings when required;
- Perform other relevant duties as requested by supervisors.
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
Priorities of the Department:
- Quality implementation of CMAM and IYCF programs according to global and national guidelines
- Quality data management and reporting of CMAM and IYCF activities
- Support the integrated approach through effective referral within the Nutrition components and with the other programs internally
- Build the capacity of the nutrition team on thematic areas related to nutrition
Qualifications & Required Skills
- Education Degree: Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy or Pharmacy Technician Diploma.
- Work experience: At least 1- 2 years’ experience in in a health facility or work with Pharmacy.
- Language skills: Fluent in English and Hausa, Fulfude is a plus
Knowledge and skills:
- Understanding of nutritional surveillance and information systems.
- Proven ability and experience in planning and conducting formal training sessions on nutrition including CMAM and IYCF.
- Team Management.
- Strong Negotiator, Diplomatic, and with problem-solving skills.
- Communication: able to communicate clearly with respect for patients, caretakers, team members and supervisors
- Motivation: shows commitment, and flexibility and is service-oriented
- Teamwork: shows the ability to work in a team
- Computer skills: Proficient user of MS Office (including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), SAGA tool, and Easy stock
- Commitment to the NGO values and principles.
- Excellent knowledge of Katsina State, willing to travel locally.
- Transversal skills:
- Capacity to mobilize community.
- Rigor and organization.
- Good communication skills.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Application Deadline: 29th August, 2023.