PwC firms help organizations and individuals create the value they are looking for. We are a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 180,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in Assurance, Tax and Advisory services
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Audit Associate
Reference Number: 125-NIG00170
Job Type: Permanent
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead small engagement teams with responsibility for on-field team activities, coaching, supervision etc.
- Coach less experienced team members on engagements and helps them settle into their roles in the firm.
- Apply your understanding client’s issues to identify business opportunities for PwC and be actively involved in business development activities on respective clients and within the BU.
- Execute Quality Assurance (QA) reviews to ensure compliance with organizational policies, IIA standards and other regulatory/other requirements.
- Support the implementation and configuration of audit management systems
Required Experience & Qualification
- B.Sc. Degree in any course with minimum 2.1 GPA.
- ACA, ACCA, CIA (ongoing).
- Knowledge of Internal audit management tools and solutions
- Minimum of 2-3 years working experience.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Open-minded and open to feedback. Giving timely feedback to members of the team (including upward feedback).
- Positive approach to work effectively delegating (where possible/ relevant) work and encourages less experienced staff to ask questions and offer ideas.
- Demonstrates poise, professionalism and maturity.
- Proactive and demonstrate eagerness to learn.
- Applies professional skepticism. Critically assesses client assumptions/explanations.
- Can effectively plan and design an audit approach that complies with IIA standard and PwC Audit for normal risk sections.
- Able to prepare documentation that meets re-performance standard, is concise well thought out and easy for the reviewer to read with minimal review points and/or changes from the review.
- Ability to learn about and work with other cultures.
- Understands client’s culture and politics and is able to act quickly to understand the working environment.
- Takes ownership of assigned work; all tasks completed with limited follow up points and within stipulated timelines.
- Appropriately prioritizes work and confirms understanding of priorities with field senior (prioritize based on review schedule (more complex/difficult first) and dependency of other sections).
- Raises potential issues to the field senior on a timely basis.
- Organizes work in a logical and understandable way.
- Identifies the regulatory bodies and pronouncements that are applicable to client’s business and industry (e.g. CAMA, FRCN Act, BOFIA, SEC etc.).
- Demonstrates awareness of basic risk management procedures on engagements.
- Reads and applies the various technical alerts that are released by the firm and the PwC IA methodology.
- Shares knowledge and insight widely.
- Demonstrate awareness of PwC service offerings.
- Experience in using audit management applications and tools.
- Identifies gaps in client’s controls using the control library/control process mates.
- Tracks actuals to budget for their assigned sections/tasks and provides a timely update of progress, including overruns, to the senior.
- Ability to perform internal and external research on clients and their circumstances once assigned to an engagement.
- Demonstrates understanding of less complex issues with clear, concise documentation ( e.g. properly evaluates/documents and other relevant client information and data, file completion steps).
- Questions unusual trends in financial and business analysis and basic inconsistencies in information.
- Understands the purpose of assigned auditing procedures and completes them fully.
- Seeks clarification where required. Consults required audit guides or other appropriate reference material, balancing the need to ask clarifying questions with simple research.
- Identifies straightforward issues and develops a point of view using appropriate research before asking for advice.
- Works efficiently within agreed upon budgets.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 4th May, 2018.