PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria has been operating in Nigeria since 1953 through its predecessor firms of Coopers & Lybrand and Price Waterhouse. We’re one of the leading professional services firms in the country with offices in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt, over 1000 staff and 31 resident partners. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Digital Risk Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
About the Job:
- Quality is at the heart of what we do. Combining passionate people with leading technology, we work together to build trust in society. We put the team first and solve important problems by challenging the organizations we audit and being open to challenge ourselves.
- It’s a really exciting time to be joining us. We’re growing our teams across all areas of our Audit practice and investing a huge amount in our people, their skills and the technology available, as we continue to radically modernize our business and the way we serve our clients.
- Digital Audit is a specialist team within our Audit practice that combines a mix of technology, data, business and accounting expertise to digitally audit clients across all industries. We’re constantly investing in audit technology and the skills of our people to keep up with rapid pace of change and to deliver trust that is deeper, broader and more forward looking.
What you’ll do:
- In Digital Audit you’ll have the opportunity to work with a variety of clients, industries and technologies. You will focus on enabling audit teams to understand financial data flows and the supporting IT systems and controls.
- You’ll need to be a people person, tenacious and resilient. You’ll need to be able to flex your style and the level of detail you discuss with different audiences in IT and finance, as for example you’ll have exposure to a range of contacts such as heads of IT or finance controllers and directors to understand the financial data flows and test IT systems and controls.
- You’ll be checking IT systems to ensure they are appropriately controlled by management and to check that data produced is accurate, highlighting and questioning any differences. You’ll be part of a variety of teams, taking real responsibility for the work you do.
- As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to Senior Managers and above
- Training, coaching and leading junior staff
- Establishing effective working relationships directly with clients
- Contributing to the development of your own and team’s technical acumen
- Keeping up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Continuing to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognize their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyze complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm’s/client’s expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarizing key points.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct
- Bachelor’s and / or Postgraduate Degree in one of the following: Accounting, Finance/Economics, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, and/or other business fields of study.
- Experience in evaluating technology that supports financial & operational application systems and related business processes
- At least 5 years experience in auditing IT systems
- Experience in managing junior colleagues and an interest in developing others
- Experience in working in complex environments with large organizations
- Strong time management skills, including flexibility to work with shifting priorities and client needs
- Project management and analytical skills
- Client relationship-building and management skills
- Strong verbal, presentation and report writing skills
- Leadership qualities
Preferable experience and qualifications:
- ACCA/ICAN qualified (or international equivalent)
- Or part Qualified and working towards your full ACCA/ICAN (or equivalent) qualification
- Or have equivalent work experience in Audit (you’re an international candidate who technically qualifies in your home country by experience)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) qualification, or equivalent.
- Specialist system experience (i.e. SAP, Oracle, Finacle, Flexcube, Basis, SQL, Python).
- Industry experience is preferable (e.g. Financial services, Consumer, Industrial Products & Services, Oil & Gas, Power, Mining and Utilities)
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified.