Promasidor – We are an African company proud of our heritage and totally committed to the continent. We manufacture, market and sell unique brands which bring practicality and pleasure to millions of consumers across Africa. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Brand Manager
Employment Type: Full Time
About the job
This individual will be responsible:
Executing brand plans:
- Execute approved marketing activities for brands/products, particularly below- the-line programmes.
- Plan, activate and monitor regular sampling programmes as appropriate brands/products.
- Ensure core/major activities are evaluated and learnings captures for future brand planning.
Engage in marketing insight:
- Monitor and report on brand health, including competitor monitoring, using agreed attributes and format.
- Use consumer insight to inform development of marketing programmes for brands/products.
- Provide market information with which to report on the performance of assigned brands/products.
- Track competitor activities in the assigned brand/product sector and assist the Manager, Brands’ Group, in developing response strategies to protect the position of the brand/product.
- Manage marketing budgets to execute annual activity plans for assigned brands/products, on budget and on time.
- Monitor expenditure against agreed activities and provide regular reports to the Manager, Brands Group.
- Execute below-the-line activities for brands/products and evaluate performance against activity objectives.
- Responsible for managing marketing expenditure allocated to the brands/products.
Education & Experience
- Minimum of second-class Bachelor’s Degree from a reputable University, within or outside Nigeria or abroad
- Postgraduate qualification in Marketing would be an added advantage if the first degree is not in a related
- 3 – 5 years’ work experience in a reputable company, preferably FMCG, of which at least 2 must be in the Marketing function, Sales.
Knowledge & Skills:
The individual should be able to:
- Interpret data and information
- Work in teams
- Understand research techniques
- Have presentation skills
- Use Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint ) at a proficient level.
- Prepare annual marketing/activity
- Develop and execute consumer, trade promotions & POS material
- Manage third party supplier
- Manage budgets and expenditure
The individual should be:
- Articulate (Verbal and written )
- Able to interact with a range of people (Interpersonal skills).
Interested and qualified candidates should: