Posted on :
13 Jan, 2010
13 Jan, 2010
PZ Cussons Nigeria Plc, the largest subsidiary of PZ Cussons, has enjoyed tremendous business success in Nigeria for over a century. PZ Cussons is recruiting for Financial Analyst to be based in Lagos Nigeria
The Role: Financial Analyst
The successful candidate will be required to:
· Provide all required financial leadership and guidance to the category assigned. Act as the finance Manager for the category assigned and together with the rest of the team strive to optimize the performance.
· Pro-actively ensure that the financial targets are met.
· Provide financial evaluations of all new product and investment proposals. Ensure that these are fully analyzed with the financial impact clarified and returns optimized.
· Pro-actively seek ways to further drive the profitability of the category by identifying opportunities.
· Ensure that proper spending controls are in place and that the category is aware of the actual spends vs. latest commitments.
· Ensure that the monthly and yearly profit performance is tracked and that the status is explained to the management team on a continuous basis.
· Manage the financial month end closing for the category and ensure that the results are accurate and clearly understood by the management team.
· Coordinate the five year plan, budget and profit forecasts for the category.
· Work together with the rest of the team to optimize working capital.
The ideal candidate for this position should:
· Have a minimum of second class lower degree in accounting, finance or related discipline.
· Have three to five (3-5) years post-qualification experience in the FMCG industry.
· Be an associate member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria and/or the Association of Chartered Accountants and/or CIMA.
· Have a strong understanding of financial analysis techniques.
· Have a good knowledge of accounting soft-wares, MFG/Pro knowledge would be an advantage.
· Be computer literate especially a sound knowledge of Microsoft Excel. Very strong Excel modelling skills are required.
· Have a sound knowledge of IAS/SAS and IFRS.
· Possess good interpersonal skills.
· Have an eye for details and be self-motivated.
· Must be a good team player.
· Must have a flexible approach to work and be able to work under pressure.
· Have a CAN DO attitude, exhibiting our core values – COURAGE, ACCOUNTABILITY, NETWORKING, DRIVE and ONENESS
Please note that only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
Closing date: 26th January 2010