Posted on :
10 Aug, 2012
10 Aug, 2012
JOB PURPOSE IS:
• To ensure the continuous and stable operation of the company’s network infrastructure; this includes assisting in planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting and optimising all hardware, software, and communication links. You will be responsible for overall direction, control and management of all activities within the Technical Department.
• Heads and administers the Technical Engineering Department of the company and reports directly to the COO.
• Supervise the installation, Operation, Administration, Maintenance and provisioning of Transmission & Access Network which comprise of all Wireless Base Stations (WIMAX and Wi-Fi), Microwave Back Hauls, Fibre Optic & ADSL Back hauls, VSAT, Core network routers, switches, bandwidth managers and firewalls.
• Design and supervise implementation of all RF Link Engineering which including (Path Loss profiles, free space loss calculations, Link Budget calculations, fade margin and link availability , Antenna selection) for all wireless broadband expansion programmes.
• Supervise the administration, maintenance and expansion of the company’s Wireless Broad band network of 20base stations and over 400 CPEs used for Data and internet distribution across Lagos Metropolis. The same infrastructure also powers the Lagos State e-Revenue collection that interconnects all tax offices in Lagos state.
• Attend to all Network related issues and making sure that the Data communication aspects of SLA assigned / agreed with our customers are met.
• Develop strategic Enterprise Solutions as the need arises and pass to the Business Development dept. to sell to our customers.
• Advice management on the status of different on-going projects that relates to data communications.
• Provide technical guidance on new Device Installation
• Develop and maintain data security activities policies and procedures.
• Providing strong leadership to the employees in the Technical division, ensuring high morale, team work and good employee relations, at all levels
We are seeking candidates with the following Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• University degree or its equivalent in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, computer science or a related engineering discipline.
• Masters degree would be added advantage
• At least 5-10 years work experience and currently a senior level employee.
• VSAT and related Satellite industry Certifications are advantageous
• Vast Knowledge of network management
• Working technical knowledge of current Satellite network hardware, protocols, and standards, including TDMA and SCPC e.t.c.
• Strong general management and demonstrated leadership skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to conduct research into VSAT networking issues and products as required.
• Highly self motivated and directed.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Customer service orientation.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Will be required to travel at short notice.
Qualified Candidates should send their CVs to [email protected] indicating the position applied for.