RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Clients rely on us to answer questions that demand an objective and multidisciplinary approach—one that integrates expertise across the social and laboratory sciences, engineering, and international development.
We believe in the promise of science, and we are inspired every day to deliver on that promise for the good of people, communities, and businesses around the world. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Advisor
- We seek an experienced Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Advisor for the current USAID/Nigeria Effective Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (E-WASH) Program
- The overall objective of E-WASH is to assist the Government of Nigeria to expand and improve urban water service delivery by strengthening the governance, financial and technical viability of State Water Boards (SWBs) in six states across Nigeria.
- E-WASH is a four-year, $60M program with the main office in Abuja and embedded state team offices in each of the six states.
- Work closely with the Grants Under Contract and Utility Support Fun managers to establish and then monitor effective and appropriate performance indicators for these grants.
- Serve as an Advisory Team member providing guidance, oversight and advice on all aspects, as requested or appropriate, to technical implementation priorities, challenges and strategic direction.
- Provide feedback and updates to the COP, including identification and mitigation of factors that may hinder the project from reaching desired outcomes.
- Lead the knowledge management activities of E-WASH and work closely across the Advisory Team and with State Team Leaders on adaptive management to ensure that lessons learned are collected and disseminated.
- Manage MEL Specialists, including line supervision of the MIS Specialist, and state Program Monitoring Specialists, as well as the Reporting Specialist.
- Provide technical leadership for all MEL activities of the project. Establish and manage systems for gathering, reporting, and analyzing performance data for impact and sustainability of project implementation at the SWB-, component-, state-, national-, and program-level.
- Manage all MEL staff, tasks and deliverables for the project and ensure all required reports and documentation for the project’s internal management systems and for external reporting are produced according to USAID/Nigeria and RTI guidelines.
- Advise and support, as needed, all technical teams in measuring appropriate indicators and analyze gender-related findings and outcomes of project activities regularly.
- Advise and support the development and answering of learning questions, including integrating these into contract deliverables.
- Knowledge and experience in the urban WASH sector MEL activities an added advantage
- Experience in grantee performance monitoring preferred.
- Advanced Degree in relevant field; with a minimum of 10 years of experience in international development program design and implementation. 6 years’ experience in program MEL.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience on USAID or other development partner funded projects including experience in data collection, management and analysis;
- Experience in knowledge management and communications. Knowledge of USAID’s Collaboration, Learning and Adaptation (CLA) approach preferred;
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possess excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communications skills in English; and ability to work well on a team.
- Respectful and able to perform effectively as a part of a diverse team of professionals.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV with current contact information and details of relevant experience to: [email protected] Applicants should indicate the position title in the Subject line.
Application Deadline: 31st May, 2019.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.