Seflam SGL Limited is an indigenous provider of Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Installation (EPCI) services in West Africa with over 17 years experience servicing Oil and Gas majors including ExxonMobil, Chevron, Total and Shell. Our mission is to help our Clients achieve the highest level of safety, quality and valued added results at optimal cost in the execution of our Projects. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Civil / Structural Engineer
Location: Bonny, Rivers
- Contribute to progressing of project proposals, opportunities, and business cases for greenfield and brownfield projects through all phases, ensuring cost effective concepts are selected and detailed for execution, thus achieving optimized lifecycle costs.
- Undertake reviews of third-party, inhouse and legacy designs. Proffer and implement strategies to attain compliance with applicable industry and statutory standards & codes that meet applicable requirements to ensure designs are safe, fit for purpose, and constructible at optimal life cycle costs.
- Support the implementation of single and multi-discipline concepts for projects asset modifications by providing critique and steer to design and execution teams and contractors in line with applicable industry standards tailored to meet business goals.
- Support provision of technical leadership by review comments and steer on concept selections, detailed engineering designs and post design challenge resolutions for projects.
- Contribute to Management of Change to civil systems via design checks to affirm proposed modifications are technically feasible and appropriately detailed, ensuring additional project deliverables like as-built documentation, are updated within approved processes for asset integrity, safety and traceability.
- Apply RRM principles in particular the Civil-RCM tools to draw up civil assets inspection and maintenance plans to ensure the assets are reliably maintained at optimized life cycle costs, as input for major rejuvenation projects with the aim of addressing obsolescence issues to meet NLNG reliability and availability annual targets.
- Identify and drive implementation of cost optimization initiatives during project conceptualization by eliminating gold plating and nice to haves as a way of cost leadership.
- Drive implementation of technical assurance plans for projects, manage the HSE and the technical activities in line with flawless project delivery premise.
- University Degree in Civil Engineering obtained at Second Class minimum
- Minimum of 7 years postgraduate experience in Civil/Structural engineering and construction with at least 4 years on design of civil/structures in plant, building and infrastructure projects.
- AutoCAD & other design applications
- Excel sheets & Manual design calculations
- CADD competencies.
- Site Challenge Resolution & QA/QC Implementation.
- Civil Structures (Steel & Concrete) Skill
- Onshore Geotechnical & Foundations Skill
- Civil Infrastructure and Fabric System Skill
- HSSE & SP Control Framework
- Stakeholder Engagement Management
- Risk Management
- Cost Engineering/Management
- Engineering Data & Digitalization
- Management of Change
- Project Planning & Execution
- Commissioning & Start-up
- Post Awards Contract Management
- Nigerian Content Execution
- People Management
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Position as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 14th June, 2023.