Posted on :
9 Nov, 2009
9 Nov, 2009
Etisalat Nigeria, is one of the top telecommunication and GSM providers in Nigeria, Etisalat was duly incorporated under the laws of Nigeria in partnership with Mubadala Development Company and Etisalat of the United Arab Emirates. Etisalat was incorporated Nigeria as a private company, it acquired the Unified Access License from the Federal Government in January 2007.
Etisalat is currently recruiting for Senior Engineer, Packet Core Planning – Lagos & Abuja. Reports to: Manager, Packet Core Planning.
Summary Job Responsibility:
* Assists in the design, planning and optimization of packet switching components of EMTS core network, systems and platforms.
* Provides inputs in translating EMTS business plan and subscriber growth assumptions into requirements for the core network packet switching system.
* Reviews the unit/team’s activities and make recommendations for improvement and implement approved improvement initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
* Assists in the timely provisioning of pacet switching network capacity for all the GSM elements, features, protocols, etc.
* Designs, plans and dimension packet switching network elements to ensure optimal use and deployment of resources.
* Provides useful inputs in defining the locations for packet switches and other network elements.
* Coordinates the unit’s activities and ensure compliance with the organization’s operating policies, controls and procedures.
* Performs any other duties as assigned by the Manager, Packet Core Planning.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
* Postgraduate/professional qualification in a related field will be an added advantage.
* Five (5) years work experience, with at least three (3) years in an Analyst/Engineer role.
Method of Application:
Qualified and interested candidates should kindly forward detailed resume to: [email protected] as soon as possible. Subject of mail, should be position applying for.