Siemens, is an Integrated Technology Company. The business activities of our Energy, Health care, Industry and Infrastructure & Cities Sectors have enabled us to capture leading market and technology positions worldwide.
Technological excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and international focus have been our hallmarks for 165 years, making us strong and linking us to our shareholders, employees and customers as a partner of trust. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Service Engineer – Centrifugal Compressor Mechanical (Service Engineer)
Ref. ID: 123830
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job Type: Full-time
Job Family: Customer Services
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
- This position serves as a company technical and administrative representative, resident engineer and deals with customer service assignment including on-site preventive maintenance and inspection service work, call-out services and commissioning activities on centrifugal gas compressors products line and packages.
- Under general direction and instructions, independently determines and develops approaches to solutions to customer requirements and problems.
- Health, Safety and Environmental: Understands and complies with Siemens and customer safety policies and procedures. Ensure the work permit system is complied with. Ensure safe site and practices. Participate by attending general safety and toolbox safety meetings. Suggest safety improvements.
- Quality: Ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded. Ensure all maintenance activities are carried out in accordance with company policy, manufacturer’s recommendations and good practices.
- Analyzing: Must have basic knowledge of methods and experience in the categories of maintenance on the products and various equipment associated with primary package.
- Project Monitoring: Must be able to recognize abnormal sounds vibrations and potential safety problems at inception and take appropriate action to prevent a serious safety hazard that could develop to equipment damage or loss of production. Provide timely and daily reports to the relevant manager on on-going projects or daily work. Keep abreast of pending work and personnel required to complete the projects. Ensure that necessary parts are available and submit materials requisitions when required.
- Reporting: Accurate feedback and communication to pre-planned report format. Keep and update all equipment histories to effectively forecast equipment utilization and efficiency. Co-ordinate any changes necessary to ensure operations are efficient and minimal downtime is required. Ensure effective communication and reporting to immediate supervision and if applicable to customer representatives.
- Problems: Will utilize sound judgment when analyzing problems. Solve problems with little or no supervision in a timely manner and at a nominal cost. Master all procedures and available options of identifying sources of information and technical advice. Will have enough product knowledge to repair and adjust minor mechanical/electrical components/systems and will be capable of reading applicable drawings and technical manuals.
- Scheduling: Provide short to medium term scheduling of personnel and materials required for smooth routine maintenance and commissioning of plant.
- Timing: Adequate strategy of engaging operations in releasing equipment in a timely manner for maintenance. Will be, required to assist in a technical manner with the operations and maintenance crew in any area if the workload exceeds the number of personnel available.
- Monitor maintenance services or installation support to ensure they are carried out within company policy, manufacturers’ recommendations and in a safe manner
- Ensure major interventions are planned, executed on schedule and within commercial orders.
- Will have served on recognized centrifugal compressors product line and/or preferably having long period of continuous occupation on Dresser Rand Datum compressors as mechanical engineer.
- Will possess a technical qualification e.g. Engineering Degree, preferably in Mechanical Engineering.
- Will have 7-years and above working experience in a related industry. Higher experience/skill levels may balance lower academic qualifications, and vice versa.
- Experience in an onshore/offshore environment is essential.
- Strong rotating equipment background will be an asset.
- Familiarity with gas compression theory, packages systems and operation will be an asset.
- Will hold and maintain a full offshore medical and survival certificate to suit all areas of assignment.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: Not Specified