Spaces for Change (S4C) is a non-profit organization working to infuse human rights into social and economic governance processes in Nigeria. Through digital crowd-sourcing, research, policy analysis, advocacy, youth engagement, public interest litigation and community action, we aim to increase the participation of Nigerian youth, women and communities in the development of social and economic policy, and also help public authorities and corporate entities to put a human rights approach at the heart of their decision-making. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Extractive Officer (EI Officer)
- We are looking for an Extractive Officer (El Officer) to coordinate our energy and environmental justice programme.
- Analyse and provide recommendations for the country’s EI policies, laws and regulations, and their impact on poverty reduction, growth, governance, equity, social and environmental conditions in the host communities.
- Build and maintain close relationship with relevant government ministries, petroleum and mining companies, development partners, civil society, donors, media and other relevant stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities for periodic collaborations to ensure progressive dialogue between relevant stakeholders to achieve mutually beneficial solutions.
- At least three (3) years of experience plus an advanced Degree in Law, Energy Technology, Petroleum Economics, Environmental Sciences or related field.
- Track record of dealing with energy sector strategic and policy issues, regulation, operational and analytic work; Familiarity with energy policies, institutions, regulations and host communities.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and detailed Resume to: [email protected] or [email protected] using the “Job title” as subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 4th October, 2020.