Spectrum Forwarding & International Logistics Limited, have been practicing Logistics business since year 2004 and was incorporated and registered in Nigeria on the 29th December, 2009 with Corporate Affair Commission.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Systems Support Analyst
- Act as primary contact for desktop support and helpdesk requests, escalating requests to colleagues and management as necessary
- Undertake assigned system and network administration activities as required
- Undertake as required Active Directory administration
- Engage in discussions towards solution design services for the business for all areas of the desktop, server and communications systems
- Assist with providing internal telephone support, including mobile communications
- Take part in maintenance for Infrastructure and communications systems as required
- Participate in disaster recovery activities as required
- Adhere to published standards and policies as required, both locally and globally
- Take part in technical tasks required to ensure technical infrastructure meets required information security standards
- Proactively provide suggestions for potential improvements to the hardware and software infrastructure
- Perform hardware/software installations and upgrade existing hardware/software as required and in accordance with internal standards
- Testing of software applications
- Identify potential problems/issues and communicate these to management
- Maintain a client and service focused attitude at all times and enhance the image of the department and the departments role within the business
- Participate in internal projects as required to implement new/improved system infrastructure facilities
- To carry out the diagnosis and resolution of problems experienced by Users, including external Clients as appropriate
- Provide timely resolution for all issues raised and tasks allocated, keeping management and users proactively updated on the progress of these items
- Create and maintain growing and comprehensive knowledge base.
- Ensure change control procedures are followed for all aspects of the infrastructure
- Gather, assess and communicate critical information on a timely basis by interacting with a broad set of teams and work with client/supplier technology teams to overcome end to end service issues.
- Production of a detailed briefing note to support all upgrades, communicate to operators at the time of the upgrade and publish on the company intranet.
- Gather the customer’s information, determine the customer’s issue by analysing the symptoms, to identify underlying problem.
- Delivery of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook training up to advanced level.
- Participate in project work as required
- Any other duties and responsibilities as required
- Minimum of HND or degree in Computer science, Information Management Systems, Business information systems or any other relevant discipline.
- Relevant industry certifications desirable
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an IT support role
- Experience in delivering customer-focused ICT support, in a demanding environment within specified timescales
- IT Helpdesk experience required.
- Troubleshooting and supporting Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office products, desktop and laptop hardware
- You will have advanced technical awareness, incident management, problem management expertise which includes configuration troubleshooting and performance tuning of applications, carrying out incident investigations and route cause analysis through to resolution.
- Sound understanding of operating system security principles
- The ability to research, gather and analyse data, identify trends, compile information and prepare reports and recommendations.
- Working with a range of external suppliers
- Proven technical knowledge in problem resolution and incident escalation.
- Candidate must be a client focused and results oriented individual with plenty of drive, energy, enthusiasm and enjoys working under pressure
- Strong analytical and investigative skills along with the ability to resolve issues in a high pressure time critical environment and possess excellent attention to detail and high quality standards
- A clear, confident and professional communication skills with the ability to communicate and interact with Clients, Service users, Senior Stakeholders and colleagues aswell as knowledge sharing to enhance the overall quality of the team.
Job Title: Terminal Operations Controller
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of Terminal
- Manage overall Terminal P&L to established budgets and forecasts
- Oversees all terminal dispatch, planning, and document management functions
- Terminal operational performance including on-time pick-up and delivery, volume, equipment balance, and empty miles
- Maintain a safe, efficient, and orderly terminal office and yard
- Manage the effectiveness of terminal operations interaction and relationship with ICs. .
- Ensure a logical, efficient and highly productive planning with consideration of all regulations (eg. Safety, vessel’s stability)
- Ensures terminal staff is properly trained and participates in continuous learning courses as required
- Ensure data from/to all customers is correct in systems before commencing planning.
- Planning and overseeing safe and efficient discharge and loading of vessels. Strategically managing the Yard and liaising with the Gate Staff.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Encourage and participate in close teamwork with other Supervisory & Managerial staff to ensure provision of an effective overall terminal planning service for internal operations and for customers.
- Manages the positioning of containers on our terminal and adjust the planning accordingly
- Prepare and verify discharge and load plans in the Terminal Operation System (TOS)
- Operational follow up/adjustments during port stay
- Ensure documentation is received processed and distributed as required.
- Monitor and adjust yard space allocation on a daily basis
- Adhere strictly to standard operating procedures (SOP) related to planning.
- Correspondence and handling of non custom related documents to all relevant parties.
- Ensure clear and timely communication with involved parties
- Ensure Safe Systems Of Work are adhered to, and ensure any safety issues are addressed appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Plan and develop systems and procedures to improve the operating quality and efficiency of the terminal
- Coach and provide career development advice to staff.
- Promote positive communication throughout the entire local workforce and remote locations, including the Corporate office.
- Responsible for staff scheduling to include: work assignments/rotations, employee training, employee vacations, employee breaks, overtime assignment, back-up for absent employees, and shift rotations.
- Assist staff to resolve complex or out of policy operation problems.
- Ensuring high levels of customer service and profitability.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Transportation, or Business Administration or Bachelor degree.Maritime training is a strong asset.
- 3-5 years management, customer service and/or dispatching experience, preferably in courier or transportation field
- Experience in planning, preferably maritime planning or other relevant planning experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills; flexible mindset and proactive, due to the nature of the industry/job.
- Experience in supervising project and team activities.
- Experienced in Container Terminal operations.
- Proven track record of driving results and continuous improvement in an organization
- Experience in developing high-performance teams
- Ability to deal with and manage multiple projects
- Team player, collaborative mindset and good communicator
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office, Outlook, Internet, & routing software
- Knowledge of Terminal Operating System (Autostore) & supporting functions (Destin8) a plus.
- IOSH/NEBOSH qualifications a plus
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send their applications via mail to [email protected]
Application Deadline 30/11/2017