Posted on :
8 Jan, 2010
8 Jan, 2010
Standard Chartered PLC, Listed on both the London Stock Exchange and the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, ranks among the top 25 companies in the FTSE-100 by market capitalisation.
The London-headquartered Group has operated for over 150 years in some of the world’s most dynamic markets, leading the way in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. They are recruiting a Finance country Graduate
– Processing of invoices and payments in line with approved DA limits.
– Posting of Operating costs, Fixed Assets, Purchases, Other Payables and Receivables.
– Supervise daily clearance of outstanding items.
– Review of Operating Costs and depreciation / amortisation, trends and suggest remedial action.
– Actively review and assist in planning business costs to ensure value for money and a lean cost base.
– To drive the Cost allocation for Product Processing Costs and CRES costs.
– Maintenance of key control standards.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
1. Transaction Processing
– Ensure that the Cost Allocation methodologies are consistently applied and costs are collated accurately for each cost centre.
– Review processed invoices for accuracy and completeness.
– Handle the month end accruals and amortisations.
– Ensure all cost commitments advised are accrued for.
2. Fixed Assets Accounting
– Prepare Asset addition/disposal batches for processing by hub.
– Review additions and disposal prior to depreciation run.
3. Project WIP Accounting
– Maintain cost centre codes for each project and disburse funds according to PARs.
– Timely closure of project accounts on preparation of postings for FC’s approval.
4. Accounts Payable
– Process Staff claims and cash advance payments.
– Ensure prompt payment of approved insurance premiums, invoices, statutory fees/taxes, etc.
– Process all Foreign Exchange (including Recharges) payments.
5. Payroll Processing
– Process staff salary and payroll deductions.
6. Accounts Maintenance
– Raise and Process Journals to clear outstanding entries on all SUN Accounts.
7. Operational Risk
– Act as Responsible person for the management reporting desk.
8. Perform other duties as may be assigned by FC or the CFO.
Qualifications & Skills
– B Sc University degree(2:2 Minimum) in Accounting
– A few years experience in a medium sized organisation. Professional qualification is an added advantage.
– Knowledge of Sun Systems and general high level of computer literacy and understanding of business computing environment.
– Good communications and interpersonal skills.
– In compliance with the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Act of 2004, all applicants should ensure that they have completed the mandatory NYSC programme. A discharge certificate will be required as evidence of completion of the programme. Where an exemption has been granted, a certificate of exemption will also be required.