Posted on :
27 Jan, 2010
27 Jan, 2010
Standard Chartered Bank has a network of over 1,600 branches and outlets and 5,500 ATMs in more than 70 countries Globally. The bank recruits a Customer Relationship Officer to be based in Port Harcourt Nigeria.
– Acquire, grow and deepen customer relationships in the Wealth Management customer segment.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
ACQUISITION & CUSTOMER PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT
– Segment and target customers based on the potential /sales strategy for the region.
– Meet new customers in the market everyday and convince them to open Excel & Priority Banking account with the bank.
– Achieve the Targets set in terms of product mix and customer segment.
– Acquire new customers by selling the key products especially Investment Services, Current & Savings Accounts.
– Work closely with the branch/Head, Priority & Excel Banking to assist in Events /promotions for new acquisition of customers across segments.
– Ensure the best in terms of quality of sales and productivity standards.
– Achieve the budgeted cross sell targets.
– Derive insights to Competitor Sales activities and effectively counter the efforts.
– Continuously provide feedback to Head, Priority & Excel Banking of the acceptance of the products in the market and suggested changes that could provide impetus to the sales efforts.
– Achieve the maximum share of wallet for each customer acquired.
– Reviewing credit applications for personal loans.
– Submision of weekly and monthly sales figures and projections and other reports – SOPs & Weekly Activity reports.
RISK MANAGEMENT & COMPLIANCE
– Ensure full awareness of all policies and procedures issued in relation to money laundering prevention and KYC.
– Ensure compliance with the above policies on an ongoing basis and report any suspicious transaction immediately to the supervising officer.
– Ensure full awareness of all policies relating to operational risk, sales processes, misselling, etc and comply with the same.
– Read, understand and comply with all provisions of the Group Code of Conduct.
– Providing personal financial planning services to customers.
– Dealing with customer enquiries and complaints.
– Ensuring that service standard targets are being met for loan processing, customer response time as well as customer enquiries.
– Ensuring that service recovery on errors, miscommunications, complaints, etc are dealt with in the most efficient and courteous manner.
– Recommendation of credit approvals for loan applications.
KYC / money laundering
– Ensure you remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the Bank’s efforts in combating it by adhering to the key principles in relation to: ¿identifying your customer, knowing your customer, reporting suspicions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to customers’.
Qualifications & Skills
– B.Sc University degree (2:2 Minimum).
– Ability to plan daily/periodic operations.
– Strong customer service orientation.
– Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
– Salesmanship, energy and drive.
– Sound knowledge of administrative procedures.
– In compliance with the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Act of 2004, all applicants should ensure that they have completed the mandatory NYSC programme. A discharge certificate will be required as evidence of completion of the programme. Where an exemption has been granted, a certificate of exemption will also be required.