Posted on :
10 Feb, 2010
10 Feb, 2010
Standard Chartered Bank provides personal and business banking services in Asia, Africa, the Middle East, UK, Europe and the Americas
– High level Judgement and ability to read the market in as far as new business opportunities are concerned.
– Ability to grasp and analyse cross border issues that are likely to impact on Bank business.
– Ability to handle the treasury , World bank and CBN in tapping business opportunities for SCB and donor/aid funds.
– Ability to structure complex deals tailored to customer needs
– Ability to understudy the competition and formulate counter strategy to safeguard bank position and win new business.
– Ability to quickly identify risk issues and problem areas and respond to safeguard bank interests.
– Ability to negotiate and convince customers to buy SCB product/services.
– Networking with key players internally and externally.
– Pricing recommendations and approvals.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
– Formulates business strategies for each individual NBFI segment.
– Prepare business plans including tactical plans to implement agreed strategy to deliver WB aspiration of at least 100% growth.
Client Revenues and WP
– Discusses, agrees and monitors revenue and activity targets for teams and manages the sales process to ensure that these are met and where possible exceeded.
– Manages the business development cost base within the agreed budget.
– Assist in identifying new market and product opportunities and working with Product Management to develop launches.
– Manages the trade off between revenue and costs, short and long term vision, product configuration and pricing, to deliver best possible economic profit.
– Manage the Lagos DO relationships and have direct control of all key clients.
– Source for business from key targets particularly Supranaturals, International NGOS, Multilaterals, Bilaterals and government on our selectivity list.
– Implement the Bank’s Custody Business Strategy for business.
– Manage the cost of funds from I &I Customers in line with the budget.
– Use the network (local and overseas) in tapping relationships.
Qualifications & Skills
– B.Sc University degree(2:2 Minimum).
– Strong Networking skills.
– Strong negotiating skills.
– Working knowledge of the diverse IB group products.
– Knowledge of group processes to enable speedy resolution of queries.
– Tact, diplomacy to develop customer relationships.
– Generating & Implementing strategy driven.
– Sound Human resource management and strong interpersonal skills.
– Strong Multicultural awareness.
– Academic training up to university level.
– Several years working experience.
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.