Sterling Oil Exploration & Energy Production Company Ltd. (SEEPCO) is an indigenous company that ventured into Exploration and Production (E&P) business in the year 2005. SEEPCO participated in the 2005 bid round held by Department of Petroleum Resoucres (DPR) and was successful with license OML 143 (formerly OPL 280). We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Process Engineer – Ethane Cracker
Location: Akwa Ibom and Lagos
Employment Type: Contract
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work independently and also for overseeing the process aspect of projects and for coordinating the project process team at the FEED, EPC to Operation phase.
- Participates in the design of a process unit, including establishing process design basis, development of process options and optimization of selected design.
- Calculates and organizes data for process flow sheets (PFDs and P&IDs) including instrumentation and control system.
- Review projects, process design and detailed engineering documents (including P&ID, PFD) provided by Licensors or FEED or EPC contractors, provide comments and ensure resolution.
- Review the process unit operations, sizing calculations for pressure relieving devices, hydraulic calculation for fluid vapor circuits and heat and mass calculations etc.
- Review specification and operating parameters process equipment including cracking Furnace, Quench water Tower, Dilution Steam System, Reactors, cold Box unit, splitters Feed, Deethansier system column, pressure vessels, heat exchangers, fired heaters, Reactors, pumps and compressors
- Provide appropriate guidance as necessary with regard to local legislation, codes and standard and technical requirements.
- Manage direct reports including managing work allocation, training, mentoring, problem resolution, performance evaluation, and the building of an effective team dynamic.
- Participate in HAZOP, QRA, HAZID & HSEIA
- Advise the Engineering Manager ahead of issues becoming critical and provide recommendations to improve these issues.
- Work report to Lead process Engineer and Project Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering.
- 10+ Years related experience in Process plant design and analysis.
- Experience in large scale green field petrochemical & Refinery plants.
- Preferably In PDH Plant experience is preferred.
- 10+ Years related experience in PDH process details, selection, analysis, troubleshooting and commissioning.
- Experience in FEED/ Detailed Engineering
- Ability to review FEED/ EPC engineering contractor’s design and engineering documents such as PFDs, PIDs, Material and Energy Balances etc.
- Through with design codes and standards.
- Proficient in process industry simulation tools (Aspen, Hysys, Pro/II etc)
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written, proficient in MS Office.
- Confidence to deal with individuals at all levels in the organization.
- Proven conflict resolution skills.
- Exposure to Ethane/Butane/Ethylene Process Technology, HSE system and best practices and participating or carrying out safety procedures like HAZOP etc.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Process Engineer – Ethane Cracker” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 31st May, 2023.