Stresert Services Limited – Our client, a Multinational Manufacturing Company with head office in Lagos, is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Geocycle Logistics Manager
Job Ref: Geo-Log1
Reports to: Head of Geocycle
Summary of the Job
- Work in transportation of biomass and other alternative fuels material e.g. used tyres, industrial waste, municipal waste etc. from various locations across the operational areas of south west to the plants.
- Responsible for making sure supplies, stock, materials are processed through the delivery and/or warehouse system efficiently and safely.
Main Activities / Responsibilities
- Facilitate the shipping of waste materials from one destination to another
- Arrange transportation, schedule operatives, and orchestrate deliveries to meet plants demand with little to no delay
- Receives orders from suppliers and coordinates inbound trucks or third party transports for delivery of waste materials to the plant
- Liaise with Biomass sourcing coordinator, waste tyre sourcing coordinator and Commercial manager industrial waste to prepare loads at the material sourcing point for shipment
- Takes steps to avoid safety issues at the various loading points and on the roads
- Liaise with the plant to ensure storage capacity is kept at optimal levels
- Oversees inventory of waste materials at sourcing location and vehicles
- Continually reviews freight costs and transportation rates, to keep costs down where possible
- Streamlines shipping and transportation processes
- Prepare payment document for transporters
Key Interfaces, Stakeholders and Relationships
- Biomass Sourcing coordinator
- Commercial Manager industrial waste
- Tyre sourcing coordinator
- Product’s logistics Manager,
- Product’s distribution manager and
- Product’s dispatch manager
- Alternative fuel / Waste registered suppliers
- The job will involve frequent travelling across various waste sourcing points in south west of Nigeria.
- First Degree in Science, Social Science and Management required
- Specific Work experience: Minimum of 8 years
- Transport scheduling
- Logistics management
- Safety management
Knowledge & Skills:
- Technical / Functional skills
- Problem-solving skills,
- Decision making ability,
- Organisational skills,
- Procedural mind-set,
- Ability to analyse data and understand connections,
- Management ability and Excellent relationship skills
- Sound negotiation and influencing skills.
- Self-driven; ability to work independently with external stakeholders with limited supervision.
- Talent for recognising the opportunities for improvement
Leadership and managerial abilities:
- Ability to achieve results with external stakeholders.
- Positive attitude with appetite for change and innovation
- Business acumen.
Application Closing Date
1st June, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV’s to [email protected] using “Geo-Log1” as subject of mail.