Taghini Foods is a traditional poultry processing Company based in Ibadan. We supply fresh and frozen poultry products to wholesalers, caterers and further processors, including products suitable for Halal customers. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Employment Type: Full-time
- The successful candidate must be a Chartered Accountant (ICAN) and ACCA certified with a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in a directly relatable subject matter, i.e., Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Management etc.
- Advise management about issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Advise the company on financial issues, discount periods and peak periods.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Balance the company’s account as at when due.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment reporting and other tax requirements.
- Establish tables of accounts, and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Maintain and examine the records of government agencies.
- Manage relationship with Auditors, Banks, accounting representative and other vendors.
- Manages financial expenditure, including running costs, staff expenses, admin costs, VAT & CIT, levies, taxation
- Managing colleagues, workloads and deadlines.
- Prepare forms and manuals for accounting and bookkeeping personnel and direct their work activities
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Report to management regarding the finances of establishment.
- Researches and resolves accounting errors and discrepancies.
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop and maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Excellent in problem solving, analytical and administrative skills
- Excellent interpersonal relationship
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Extensive experience with analysing high-volumed organization in distribution business of goods and services.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- High level of professional and personal integrity.
- Intermediate understanding of accounting and reporting standards, gaining experience in researching as it relates to accounting issues
- Mature, proactive, resourceful and hands-on with good initiative
- Minimum of 5 years work experience.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and other accounting software.
- Solid team player with high energy and go get attitude to deliver results
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles
- Auditing, Banking, Cost Reporting, Policy, Process Improvement, Forecasting, Financial Analysis, Accounting, Financial Reporting, Finance, Cash Flow
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and a Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 21st March, 2022.
Note: Interview is slated for Tuesday, 22nd March, 2022.