TeamAce Limited – Our client, a Quick Service Restaurant, is recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Food Cost Accountant
Employment Type: Full-time
- Prepares financial statements and reports to track the organization’s assets, liabilities, income statements, and other related financial activities.
- Examines and analyzes company accounts and ensures compliance with financial reporting standards and procedures.
- Performs payroll functions and ensures payments are processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with regulatory standards.
- Manages relationships with external financial bodies to ensure all statutory requirements are met.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepares financial statements, examines, and analyzes the company’s accounts, and ensures compliance with financial reporting and other standard accounting procedures.
- Reviews current processes and ensures that proper documentation is in place; advises on changes that need to be made.
- Reviews current practices and processes to ensure that they can support the business and are in line with statutory requirements.
- Identifies, recommends, and ensures that the required periodic statutory payments are made. Ensures statutory remittances, including VAT, WHT, pension, business premises fees, development fees for staff, and PAYE are collated and payment is made to statutory agencies based on scheduled timelines.
- Prepares pay slips for all employees based on schedule and emails accordingly.
- Corresponds with employees to provide additional information and clarification on accounting processes and procedures.
- Works with the managing director on pricing new company products.
- Processes payments to vendors.
- Manages relationships with the company’s bankers.
- Responsible for liaising with tax officials and maintaining good working relationships with them.
- Meets with tax officials during their annual audit exercise.
- Ensures accounts are audit-ready by meeting with the Managing Director to review reports.
- Works with external auditors during the audit period.
- Updates assets register.
- Reconciles the company’s bank statements and bookkeeping ledgers.
- Completes analysis of employee expenditures.
- Manages income and expenditure accounts.
- Generates the company’s financial reports using income and expenditure data.
- Manages the company’s finances based on financial status.
- Manages the internal financial and accounting software.
- Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Accounting from an accredited institution.
- ICAN or ACCA certified.
- Proficient in the use of accounting software.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools.
- 3 – 5 years post-NYSC experience in an FMCG OR Quick Service Restaurant.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Proven knowledge of management accounting.
- Proven knowledge of tax laws and regulations.
- Thorough knowledge of general ledger accounting and account reconciliation.
- Proficient in budget preparation and regulatory compliance.
- Applying expertise and technology
- Adhering to principles and values
- Writing and reporting
- Presenting and communicating information
- Planning and organizing
- Working with people
- Learning and researching
- Following instructions and procedures
N200,000 – N250,000 monthly
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 4th August, 2023.