Telinno Consulting Limited (TCL) – Specializes in design, roll out, management and performance improvement of the cellular network to ensure the cellular operator can offer best in class service to its customers while maximizing return on its network infrastructure investments. TCL’s team of experienced engineers have successfully delivered its full range of services to more than 15 cellular operators around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: MS Back Office Engineer
- The BO Engineer will offer high level support to the field maintenance engineers and shall have the authority to specify improvement proposal for resource layer functionality and to escalate within the department / group as well as to system support units / supplier partner functions so that resource layer may be maintained at specified level.
Duties & Responsibilities
Essential duties/key job roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- 2nd level restoration of service network layer functionality and routine maintenance
- Collect and analyze service performance data and ensure that appropriate short term measures for optimization are taken to ensure that service performance meets specified severability or traffic ability criteria
- Provide service performance reporting with adequate information i.e. root cause analysis, to enable stakeholders and / or SIP processes to determine appropriate long term service and / or network resource improvements.
- Prepare, test and implement services configuration data changes for end user service activation, restoration and / or severability performance optimization
- Prepare, test and implement services configuration data changes for updates to service network layer functionality and / or severability performance optimization
- Support Field Activities
- Notify Customer and Update Reports
- Data Collection and Control
- Remote Deployment of new software updates
- Support Service Problem and Service Incident Management
- Provide first line support and troubleshooting to Field maintenance Teams.
- Must maintain progressive, up-to-date knowledge of latest relevant features, tools
- Second line maintenance for specific network elements
- Test all new software and hardware releases for first application (Test Bed)
- Roll out tested SW releases and work orders throughout the whole network
- Network element surveillance based on alarms, statistics measurements to discover malfunctions and recurring disturbances
- Correct all problems detected and ensure the correct handling of future similar issues. Maintain lesson learned database.
- Perform network operations center routines as defined and ensure required updates to improve the operational service quality.
- Perform preventive maintenance of network elements.
- Implement continuously modifications to existing operations support systems to optimize the fault finding or to support new products and services
- Responsible for interfacing between the operations and maintenance organization and the vendors technical assistance center
- In the case of emergency or mayor events, back office personnel are to act immediately, prioritizes for trouble shooting and restoration of services
- Follow up with lesson learned database update and organize trainings
- Tracking network troubleshooting of faults from the time of their occurrence till the time of their resolution
- Record and report logs such as Daily Fault Log, Planned Work Monitoring, Complaint Handling, and Problem Summary Log
- Daily operation activity report for the suppliers back-office functions
- Participate in the trouble ticket process overview with SMILEs and monitor the closure rate against set SLA times
- During network failure and while the problem still persists, check the SLA time remaining. And ensuring all tickets outside the SLA are escalated to the Network Operations Engineer
- Secure and monitor Change Orders implementations to ensure that the intended objectives are achieved
- Bachelors’ Degree in Electrical / Computer Science discipline or equivalent.
- Masters’ Degree is an added advantage.
Required Working Experience:
- 5 years relevant industry experience, with strong background in engineering.
- Field experience is required.
- CAPM, an added advantage.
- Any relevant professional certification.
Knowledge, Skills & Attitude:
- Excellent Knowledge of Ericsson BSC and RNC
- Strong background in APZ 212 33C/55, AXE10/810, APG40, APG43, RBS6000.
- CP and APG upgrades and updates.
- Rehoming and RF changes
- RBS software upgrade.
- Very Good understanding of LTE system and RF KPIs.
- Knowledge of IP configuration and troubleshooting.
- AXE hardware configuration data transcript.
- Knowledge of how to Prepare, implement and verify RBS rehoming and BSC reprinting
Application Closing Date
6th April, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to:
[email protected] Using the position as the subject of the mail.