Posted on :
27 May, 2010
27 May, 2010
Total is France’s largest corporation and the world’s fourth largest oil and gas company. It has had a strong presence in Nigeria for years. TEPNG recruits Instrument Engineer to be based in Lagos Nigeria
This job is within the framework of the USAN project which is a new field development in 750 m water depth and 100 km south of the Nigerian coast. USAN is being developed with 42 subsea wells connected to a 2MMbbls storage FPSO via 2 production loops, 2 water injection lines and 1 gas injection line. The successful candidate will be required to perform the following duties:
– Work with the USAN Project FPSO Package Engineering team to ensure operational acceptability and maintainability of the design of the global USAN Field Instrument part of systems.
– Review Engineering deliverables to achieve the above objective
– Participate in the Metering systems FATs, IFATs and SATs accordingly
– Provide assistance regarding the Instrument part of systems design and functionalities to the Operations Technical Support, the Production and the Maintenance / Inspection teams as required to allow them to perform their preparation activities related to facilities hand-over, start-up and normal operations
– Participate in Technical queries clearance with Engineering team.
– Work with Commissioning team to assist in the actual deployment, integration and testing of the Instrument part of systems on the FPSO and more generally in the Metering commissioning activities.
– To develop the necessary work tools and special tools list for maintenance.
– Participate in the definition of the preventive maintenance operations to be performed on the Instrument part of systems, to the calibration procedures and in general to the follow-up procedures still to put in place with the objective of controlling the readings and detecting deviations.
– Under guidance of the ICSS Engineer, support the FPSO instrumentation operational teams in the areas of Instrumentation Maintenance Methods, including working procedures, maintenance programmes, and associated logistic support, external assistance coordination, and provision of resources
The ideal candidate should have a minimum of a BSC in Instrumentation or Electrical Engineering.
The successful candidate should have the following skills:
– Excellent interpersonal skills
– Excellent oral & written communication skills