The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) is the world’s largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands. At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Tax & Accounting Analyst
Job Number: R-90519
Job Schedule: Full-Time
- The Tax and Accounting Analyst is responsible for assisting the Legal Entity Controller(LEC) for Nigeria on compliance with US GAAP, IFRS, Taxes and other local accounting regulations, as well as company accounting policies.
- More specifically, assist in facilitating and review of extracting, analyzing, and collating information used in responses to Revenue Authorities’ audits and also as routine requests for information from them.
- Support tax inspections/audits from the local Revenue Authorities.
- This role is also responsible for supporting the Controllership team and Corporate Tax Counsel in the implementation of new tax laws in Nigeria
Tax Compliance – 40%:
- Extract information from SAP, archives and liaise with Operating Unit and Franchise Unit departments and Platform Services teams to obtain supporting information required for tax audits and authority’s request for additional information.
- Analyze, compile and present supporting information required by routine tax authority’s information requests and audits in collaboration with Corporate Tax and EY.
- Prepare the monthly VAT and Withholding Taxes Computations, Returns and payment requests and prepare related journal vouchers for posting into the ledger.
- Prepare the Quarterly tax computations for income tax and related journal vouchers for posting into the ledger.
- Assist LEC on provisional income tax computation for quarterly reporting under USGAAP.
- Prepare annual tax calculation, return and accompanying tax schedules for review by LEC.
- Support monthly reconciliation of tax related GL accounts and follow up of reconciling items.
- Assist LEC in the quarterly update of the Deferred Tax listing of permanent and temporary difference for all balance sheet accounts.
- Research and respond to ad hoc tax queries and related assignments as may be allocated by the LEC.
Statutory Audit and Compliance – 30%:
- Own tax compliance review by EY Tax every month and quarter.
- Ensure our transactions are incompliance with standard practice and procedures of company.
- Ensure our accounting records and local financial statements are ready for statutory audit.
- Ensure Balance Sheet analysis are properly and timely performed and supported.
- Provide all documentation and information required by auditors properly and timely.
- Support LEC on tax compliance review of EY, statutory audit (IFRS) and tax authority’s audit, in regards to the answers to queries.
USGAAP and Local GAAP Reporting – 30%:
- Support the local GAAP financial statements preparation and related reviews.
- Support for quarterly review of the local GAAP financial statements and act upon accordingly.
- Support for interacting with other areas, such Intercompany, Payroll and Procure to pay teams.
- Assist LEC on the Monthly review of the balance sheet analysis, followed by applicable comments in order to request action plans to solve aged or incorrect items with the Operating Unit.
- Support other areas relative to company accounting issues to ensure the correct application of corporate tax and legal requirements.
- Support LEC on communication of Month-end and Year-end close with Genpact and IS FS Teams to meet the monthly deadlines.
- Support LEC during Internal Audits (CAD)
- 3 to 5 years of experience in the Coca-Cola system or equivalent multinational environment.
- Fluent in English (verbal and writing) and has excellent communication skills;
- Knowledge of US GAAP/IFRS/Local GAAP and local Tax Compliance
- Experience with internal and external Audits.
- Exhibits Growth Behaviors (Empowered, Curious, Inclusive and Agile)
- Able to effectively communicate and collaborate across different teams
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize and take a proactive approach in solving problems.
- Capable of following through and focus on time-sensitive execution with limited supervision.
- Flexibility and adaptation to evolving roles & responsibilities.
- Positive attitude, self-motivated and hard-working.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified.