The People Practice is a People, Culture and Tech-focused HR solutions company which helps startups and small businesses scale, and accelerate impact by providing bespoke people-centred solutions. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: People Generalist
Employment Type: Temporary
- We are looking to hire a People Generalist (emphasis on “Generalist”) to join us for a short-term engagement of a couple of months with a possibility of extension.
- You will need to have a good working knowledge of Employee Relations (ER) and employee experience.
- HR policies and procedures: Ensure continuous improvement of HR systems and policies in line with current best practice and changing US legislation and regulations
- Staffing and recruitment: Lead and facilitate the recruitment process and ensure that all hiring is in accordance with best practices, compliance, organizational budgetary guidelines and ensuring people with the right skills, experiences and attitudes are appointed in all positions
- On-boarding: Develop and implement a comprehensive on-boarding process for employees during their first month of employment, and for the management and support of employees during their probation period; and throughout the entire employee life cycle
- HR Strategy and organizational culture: Work with the CEO to develop an HR Strategy and to ensure that AKF (US) is resourced to deliver on its strategic objectives; ensure that all aspects of the HR function promote an organizational culture of teamwork and service, high quality, transparency and accountability, innovation and inclusiveness
- Improving performance: Ensure the effective and timely implementation of the appraisal process, including mid and end of year reviews and support of the ongoing monthly meetings
- Employee Experience: Managing what employees encounter and observe over the course of their tenure at an organization.
- Degree in Human Resources or related field
- 1-3 years relevant experience as a People Generalist
- Experience in HR Strategy and organizational culture, staffing & Recruitment, performance, onboarding are essential.
- Demonstrable experience with Human Resources metrics
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices
- People oriented and results driven
- Passionate and bring high energy.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 30th June, 2023.