The University of Lagos founded in 1962, has, for over 5 decades, provided qualitative and research-oriented education to Nigerians and all those who have entered its domain in search of knowledge. The University has built a legacy of excellence and has been instrumental in the production of top range graduates and academia who have had tremendous impact, directly or indirectly, on growth and development in Nigeria. We invite suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: United Bank of Africa Professorial Chair of Finance
- The person that will occupy the UBA Professorial Chair of Finance shall be expected to teach and supervise existing or newly designed courses at both the undergraduate and Postgraduate levels in the Department of Finance.
- He will be expected to carry out research in any specialized field of Finance.
- The Occupant of the Chair shall organize Public Lectures in Finance from time to time, to stimulate and enhance Research findings in the field of Finance. Apart from the regular Public Lectures, the occupant of the UBA Professorial Chair in Finance must hold a Special Annual Lecture.
- He/She must also deliver a Special Terminal Public Lecture on his/her accomplishments, at the end ofthetenure of his appointment.
- A good First Degree and Ph.D. in Finance or Economics.
- Must have had not less than ten years of teaching and research experience following his/her appointment as Lecturer Grade Two in a University or comparable institution of higher learning.
- Must have been an Associate Professor for at least three Years or Senior Lecturer for atleast six years.
- There must be proof of Continuing Research in Finance *There must be appreciable evidence of scholarly Publications in reputable national and international Journals.
- Evidence of ability to supervise Masters and Doctoral Students must be provided.
- Ability to provide academic leadership.
- Must have sufficient administrative experience.
- Must possess appreciable information technology skills.
- Must be of proven integrity.
An enhanced basic salary package (i.e. CONUASS 7 plus 20% mark-up). Other perquisites include:
- Transport (car and driver)
- Research Allowance
- Journal allowance
- Learned society subscription allowance v Local transport and traveling Allowance
- Books and periodicals
- Housing allowance
- Conferences/Lectures Allowance
- The Chair has a tenure of three (3) years in the first instance and is renewable for another three (3) years on satisfactory performance.
Conditions of Service:
- As contained in the approved University of Lagos Conditions of Service for Senior Staff.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit hard copies of their detailed application with curriculum vitae which must contain the following:
29th May, 2023.
- Names in full
- Place and date of birth
- Home address
- Postal address
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of children
- Secondary and Post-Secondary Education (including (dates and institutions)
- Academic and Professional Qualifications (including distinction and credits with dates)
- Statements of Experience (including full details of former and present post)
- Detailed list of publications
- Other activities outside current employment
- Name and address of three referees
- Proposed date of availability for duties, if appointed
Candidates should submit hard copies of applications to:
Human Resources Management Directorate (HRMD),
University of Lagos.
Further inquiries should be directed to:
The Ag. Director Office of Advancement,
Top Floor, Bookshop Building,
University of Lagos.
Tel: 08158454145, 08072185236.