A reputable player in the Nigerian power sector is looking to recruit suitably qualified candidates who will be responsible for driving the financial strategy and support the turn around of the business in the position below:
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Location: Any City, Nigeria
- The CFO is part of the Executive Management Team and will play a key role in developing, monitoring and evaluating overall financial strategy and day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company.
- The position holder will assume direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, job costing, corporate finance, Board and investor relationships, financial compliance and institutional financing.
- He/she will develop the financial strategy to drive the direction and leadership of the business for sustainability, growth and meeting performance targets.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership in the development and continuous evaluation of short and long- term strategic financial objectives.
- Take ownership of the company strategic plan, and on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, provide consolidated report on the overall performance of the company against set strategic targets and working with all company directorates and departments advise on strategies to ensure the company meets its targets
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and safeguard overall long-term business value.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance, Accounting, and. Strategic Planning functions of the company.
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation and reporting of the Company
- Responsible for oversight of day-to-day finance and accounting operations to ensure timely and accurate financial information with appropriate internal controls, including maintaining up to date accounting records.
- Own and coordinate all financial audits as well as working with the Board Finance Sub-committee and External Auditors to ensure timely completion, sign-off and filing of annual audited accounts
- Take responsibility for all tax and statutory matters (e.g. income tax, PAYE, pension, group life, VAT, etc.), including the implementation of optimal tax structuring for the company, and accurate preparation of all tax returns and other statutory and regulatory information as required by governing bodies
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions and commitments of the company.
- Lead interactions with international and local financiers for the purpose of raising capital to fund the operations and growth of the company.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of financial reports, monthly, quarterly, and annually in accordance with applicable local and international standards and circulating these to Board members and Management on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Review, manage and establish as needed, internal systems and controls, operations, processes and financial procedures to ensure the integrity of financial information and reporting.
- Evaluate and administer financial risk management and insurance policies.
- Maintain banking relationships and serve as primary liaison with financial institutions.
- Monitor all payroll activities, including the timely and accurate payment of wages.
- Management responsibility for internal and external resources and staff directly involved in the finance and strategy functions.
- Develop and maintain a detailed and up to date financial model for the company.
- Minimum of a First Degree in Finance/Accounting or related discipline
- MBA or Master’s in a related discipline will be added advantage
- Accounting certification – ACCA, CAN, etc.
- Minimum 10 years work experience in Finance/Accounting with 5 years in a Senior Management role.
- Ability to prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
- Experienced in strategic planning and execution.
- Ability and proven experience in managing, motivating and communicating with interdependent groups of people is essential
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results- orientation.
- Sound knowledge of accounting practices and standards, gained through practical experience, qualification and personal development
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Proficiency in MS Office, advanced use of MS Excel
- Familiar with ERP Solutions.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their applications (Curriculum Vitae and application letters) to: [email protected]
Application Deadline: 20th June, 2017.