uLesson is a venture-backed education technology business whose mission is to enable African learners to reach their maximum potential by making high-quality digital education services widely accessible. Our app hosts thousands of educational video tutorials that combine quality lessons delivered by experts in education, with digital animations and illustrations to explain key concepts; thereby, providing students with an unprecedented learning experience in its richness, scope, interactivity, and effectiveness. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Supply Chain Manager will coordinate the procurement of uLesson Group hardware and
- merchandise, and carry out various supply chain monitoring and coordination functions including delivery, warehousing, asset management, maintenance as well as after sales support.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Liaise with manufacturers, buyers, and suppliers to source products.
- Negotiate contracts with buyers, manufacturers, suppliers
- Improve the overall supply chain performance and look for any possible innovations to the process.
- Manage risks (for example operational or reputational) that could affect or interrupt the supply chain.
- Implement new technologies and stay alert to new trends and developments in the sector.
- Support and participate in promotional activities;
- Analysing consumer buying patterns and predicting future trends.
- Identify and develop new and existing relationships with suppliers
- Coordinate manufacturing and delivery processes
- Plan and implement logistical strategy, ensuring targets are met
- Warehouse and Inventory Management; coordinate handling, distribution and storage of products
- Use relevant software to track goods from origin to delivery
- Prepare periodic forecasts and inventory reports for accurate record-keeping and analysis
- Understand customer and business needs to provide commercially viable business incentives and initiatives i.e. merchandise for retail and enterprise sales at competitive prices to maximise the Company’s profits
- Collaborate with Finance to ensure integrated and harmonised operational systems and ensure that internal controls are achieved.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Logistics, Supply Management or a relevant course
- Solid analytical skills, with the ability to create financial reports and conduct cost analyses
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and Inventory management software.
- Previous work experience as a Supply Chain Manager, or similar role will be an advantage
- Good knowledge of vendor sourcing practices (researching, evaluating and liaising with vendors
- Good understanding of the foundational principles of logistics
- Excellent communicator
- Excellent negotiation skills
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: email@example.com using “Supply Chain Manager” as the subject of the mail.