The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) is committed to promoting geographical distribution (last update) and gender equality within its Secretariat. Therefore, women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply, as well as nationals from non- and under-represented Member States. Persons with disabilities are also encouraged to apply. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts. UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Administrative Officer
Post Number: 6NGBFM0005RP
Grade : P-3
Organizational Unit : FIELD OFFICES
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Type of contract : Fixed Term
- The Finance and Administrative Officer is responsible for providing a range of administrative management support activities to the UNESCO Regional Office in Abuja, Nigeria.
- He/She reports directly to the Director of Office with overall guidance from the Bureau of Financial Management.
- On matters of financial internal control in their capacity as certifying officer, the incumbent will have a functional reporting line to the Chief Financial Officer.
- He/she will receive policy guidance/ instructions from relevant sectors within UNESCO on the areas of Financial Management, Human Resources Management, Security and Office Administration.
- He/She will be assisted in the discharge of his/her duties by the Bureau for Financial Management.
- In the Field Office, he/she advises and supports the Director of Office or the designate on administration, budget, financial, human resources management, premises-related and security matters within the Office.
- Advanced university degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, or related field.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible experience with a focus on administration, finance and/or accounting, of which at least 2 years acquired at international level.
- Demonstrated analytical and organizational skills, ability to identify issues and formulate options/recommendations.
- Service-oriented and team builder.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to establish good working relationships with external and internal partners.
- Ability to lead, manage and motivate staff and teams.
- Ability to take initiative and seek innovative ways to improve results.
- Good IT skills, including knowledge of MS software (Word, Excel etc.).
- Knowledge of ERP and the financial, HR or administrative management tools.
- Knowledge and understanding of institutional UNESCO mandates in the Region.
- Ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor own work plan and those under his/her supervision.
- Ability to solve routine and non-routine issues in the field of Human Resources, finance and budget.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, persuasively and use tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent/very good knowledge of English and fair knowledge of French.
- Professionally recognized Accountancy Certification.
- Experience with international organisations or United Nations agencies.
- Field experience.
- Experience in the use of SAP.
- Knowledge of UN Rules, Regulations and administrative procedures.
- Familiarity with the work and general functioning of international organizations and/or the UN system.
74 049 USD (Annual Salary)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 11th November, 2017.