Uniterm Nigeria Limited was incorporated in 2004. It has grown rapidly with professional staff of about 200 delivering quality and cost effective services in the Oil & Gas sector of the Nigerian economy. Uniterm is a Nigerian Company owned by Nigerians. The workforce is made up of professionals drawn across the world.
Uniterm is under the management of highly technical personnel with combined experience level of 150 years. Uniterm is a member of International Association of Drilling Contractors (IADC) and the management staff are members of various professional bodies around the world. Uniterm has offices in Portharcourt and Lagos Nigeria, Houston in USA and Calgary in Canada. Uniterm has key Technical Partners in order to continue to use state-of-the-art technology to deliver services. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IRS Engineer
Assist in the offshore operation and maintenance of:
- Light Well Intervention Pressure Control Equipment.
- Well Abandonment Equipment.
- Primary position occupied in North Sea region with possibility of temporary assignment to other Helix locations worldwide.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Under authority of the shift Supervisor, the Intervention Services Technician shall:
- Continue to develop subsea equipment, operational knowledge and demonstrate knowledge when required to do so.
- Participate with minimal guidance in the sequence of events required in the mobilization and hook up of company owned property.
- Operate equipment in line with Company policy, procedures and requirements of Well program.
- Assist in the improvement of current operational procedures and equipment specification.
- Maintain equipment as described in Planned Maintenance system autonomously.
- Follow, understand and challenge (where required) written and verbal instructions in line with operations offshore.
- Continue to develop general offshore skill set (environmental awareness, well control, rigging & lifting, risk assessment, reporting, radio communication and offshore etiquette).
- Attend training and obtain accreditation in line with competence level required for the position.
- Be available for work as and when required when given appropriate notice of requirement.
- NC Mechanical Engineering Or recognized City & Guilds apprenticeship.
Additional Training Requirements:
- As per SIL Master Training Matrix (HHR-MA-0014)
Others Additional Qualification and Experience
- Proven experience and results-oriented career and/or B Eng. or Degree equivalents in appropriate engineering subject, unlimited as per STCW Reg.AIII2 and Reg. A. 111/2 respectively;
- Minimum of HND / B.Sc. in any Science / Engineering related field.
- Candidate must have the relevant mandatories (STCW, TBOSIET, HUET, GMDSS, OSP and All other relevant Documents for positions applied for).
- Valid IWCF/Well cap certification, Supervisory level is an added advantage.
- At least 7-15 years of Experience any the field being applied for.
- Member of a Professional Body is an added advantage
- Valid medical examination and vaccination certificates.
- Valid International Passport.
- Possess basic critical rig equipment training.
- Demonstrated ability of oral and written communications may be substituted in lieu of formal education.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive CV in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) and all other Supporting Documents/Certifications to: [email protected] with the job title as the subject.
Application Deadline: 30th March, 2020.