Watu is a dynamic fast-growing non-bank finance company that harnesses technology to offer both secured and unsecured lending primarily via mobile services. Headquartered in Mombasa, Watu aims to become the leading African provider of a broad set of inclusive financial products, delivered through technology in a fast, efficient and professional manner. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Onboarding Officer
Location: Ibadan, Oyo, Nigeria
Resumption Date: November 2020
Reporting Line: Operations Manager
- The Onboarding Officer is responsible for the process of turning prospective clients who walk in through the door, to clients who leave with a properly completed loan and fully registered motorbike, as quickly and accurately as possible.
Task and Responsibilities
- Providing the highest level of customer service to clients and prospective clients.
- Welcoming and making clients feel comfortable.
- Gathering client documents and entering all data into the system.
- Scanning all documents and uploading to the system.
- Processing and scanning all vehicle documents.
- Getting necessary signatures on all client documents.
- Creating a digital and physical file for clients with all the necessary documents required in the correct order.
- Training junior onboarding officers and other onboarding officers
- Reporting all company related expenses (transport, installation related expenses) in accurate manner.
- Carrying out other tasks as requested by the company management.
- Bachelor level degree in Communications, Marketing, Customer Relations or any other related field.
Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years of experience in similar role
- Exceptional organization and planning skills, ability to manage and follow work plans
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication, able to negotiate, influence, give effective feedback, be a team player.
- Able to manage stress effectively, juggle competing priorities, balance various departments and team needs
- Experience in supervising a team
Key Behavioral Competence
- Ability and confidence to vary between being flexible and holding firm on a decision, depending on what the situation requires.
- Showing leadership by adjusting one’s approach to the demands of a particular task by taking and maintaining a position in a self-assured manner.
- Ability to be willing to take action to address needs without being requested to do so.
- Staying on-task to completion, particularly in the face of obstacles or other trying circumstances.
- Ability to work effectively with different people and teams of people by putting others at ease.
- Acknowledging diverse opinions, addressing relevant concerns, minimizing conflict, promoting harmony.
- Cooperating with others and working toward consensual solutions to achieve the group’s objectives.
- Ability to identify and set priorities, plan and effectively allocate appropriate resources.
- To attend to detail so that relevant issues are addressed and result in high-quality outcomes.
- Stress Management
- Ability to work well under pressure or opposition, while maintaining effectiveness and self-control in the midst of any one or combination of stressors, including emotional strain, ambiguity, risk to self and fatigue.
Valuing Service and Diversity:
- Ability to be sensitive to client and community needs and perceptions by providing prompt, efficient and equitable service, involving clients and community in the resolution of problems that affect them.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: Not Specified.