Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is a not – for – profit, Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) that was founded in 2004 by Josephine Ogazi and Joseph Egwuonwu. WEWE started out as a Community Based Organisation (CBO) with the aim of providing scholarships and economic empowerment to orphans and widows in Okigwe, Imo State and has since expanded its aims and objectives. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Organizational Development Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Volunteer
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in capacity strengthening of CSOs/ BMOs in Organization vision, mission and core values
- Assist in capacity strengthening of CSOs/ BMOs in Organization statutory compliance
- Assist in capacity strengthening of CSOs/ BMOs in Organization Strategic plan, basic policies, procedures, Office and Equipment
- Assist in capacity strengthening of CSOs/ BMOs in Organizational Resource Mobilization Planning, Resource Mobilization Personnel, Knowledge of theory of change (ToC)/Value for Money
- Assist in capacity strengthening of CSOs/ BMOs in Organization proposal writing and development, Project costing and budget development
- Assist in capacity strengthening of CSOs/ BMOs in Organization fiscal sustainability and revenue generation, Fundraising planning, and Report writing
- Assist in capacity strengthening of CSOs/ BMOs in CAC Registration Status and Registration with relevant state ministries
- Assist in capacity strengthening of CSOs/ BMOs in Organization work plan, process of managing change, documented knowledge of stakeholders, strong partnership management procedures, Sustainability component etc.
- Work closely with the Organizational Development Team Leader
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A graduate with Bachelor’s degree or Higher National Diploma or its equivalent, who has completed NYSC (or has a written exemption letter) with a First-Class or Second-Class Upper Division (2.1) in any social science or related fields.
- Minimum of post NYSC with three (3) year experience in Organizational Development duties
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and other useful software.
- Well-organized, with ability to track multiple activities and deadlines
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent and positive attitude
Interested and qualified applicants should send their comprehensive CV and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job title” as subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 15th April, 2021.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional references.
- Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.